The regular monthly test of the Maunakea VOAD Repeater will occur on Saturday, 07 January 2023, 1200-1300 HST.
Views expressed in this Amateur/Ham Radio News update are those of the reporters and correspondents. Accessed on 06 January 2023, 0533 UTC.
Content provided by Kevin Bogan (AH6QO).
Source: https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/?tab=rm&ogbl#inbox/FMfcgzGrbvBmqTkmZKhDzcrLSTWFmKdF (Maunakea VOAD Repeater Test).
Please click link or scroll down to read your selections.
3:06 PM (4 hours ago)
- When checking in please give your callsign spelled phonetically.
- After the check ins are taken, we will take, by roll call:
- your callsign,
- tactical callsign (if none, just use the suffix of your callsign),
- antenna model number and
- antenna elevation above MSL.
- example: WH6FIU, CONTROL, Kevin, Mariner’s Ridge, 10, CSB770A, 620
- If time permits, we will practice message handling.
- Please make note of the transmission quality of the stations to handle traffic and let me know at the end those stations that would not have a good enough signal to adequately pass traffic.
- Follow the directions of the NCS.
- This is a directed net. All transmissions must be directed to the Net Control Station (NCS) unless given specific permission to go direct with another station.
- No small talk. No sidetalk (unless following Directive #2 above.)
- Stick to the EEI (Essential Elements of Information).
- Reports should be structured with the most important part first and not necessarily in chronological order. (“If it were a joke, the punchline comes first.” For example:”Send ambulance.” “Need 20kw genset by 1200 HST Sunday.”)
- End your transmission with your call sign (as much as possible.) This is not an FCC requirement, but a net request. Reason: You never know when the NCS is going to jump to another station and leave you hanging with a 10-minute FCC timer counting down.
- If you are asked to report in a particular format, please comply to help speed up the process. If you arrive after the net starts, listen to the net and adhere to the net reporting format heard.
Reminders for Hawaii Island radio amateurs:
The Big Island Amateur Radio Club will hold its Winter Field Day on 28-29 January 2023 at the golf course in Kapua Farm Lots near Eden Roc.
The Original Big Island of Hawaii International Swap Meet/Ham Fest is set for Saturday, 28 January 2023, 0930-1400 HST, at the Waimea Community Center.
Aloha es 73 de Russell Roberts (KH6JRM).
Public Information Officer
Hawaii County, ARRL Pacific Section
HVOAD Maunakea SOg 20221129.pdf: