|From now to Giving Tuesday, ARRL wants to raise $25,000 to help support and expand our programs and initiatives for young hams:
- ARRL Student Membership Discount. Did you know that ARRL membership is only $25 for individuals under 26 years old? Your gift will help subsidize ARRL Student Membership.
- ARRL Youth Licensing Grants. ARRL covers the one-time $35 FCC application fee for new license candidates younger than 18 years old for tests administered under the ARRL VEC program. Also, their exam session fee is reduced to only $5 (normally $15).
- Outreach to Teachers and Schools. ARRL has resources to help educators and volunteers bring ham radio into classrooms, engaging students in science, technology, engineering, math, and the arts (STEM/STEAM). ARRL is inspiring students to pursue higher education and careers paths in radio technology and radio communications.
- ARRL Collegiate Amateur Radio Program. Since 2017, the ARRL Collegiate Amateur Radio Program has networked students and their campus radio clubs. We engage students in monthly meetings and drawings, best practices for vibrant college clubs, and notices of career opportunities. This next generation of young hams are already active, engaged, and on the air!
- Kids Day and School Club Roundup. ARRL sponsors on the air fun for young hams!
- Promoting partnerships. ARRL’s partnerships support many youth programs including Amateur Radio on the International Space Station (ARISS) and outreach to scouts.
Many members say they want more young people to pursue amateur radio. But few actually know how to support these efforts. Can we count on you to choose ARRL now, and help us reach our Giving Tuesday fundraising goal of $25,000? Visit www.arrl.org/give and give today.
Happy Thanksgiving, and thank you for your support!
David Minster, NA2AA