Here’s the latest update on the upcoming monthly test of the Maunakea VOAD Repeater.
Views expressed in this Amateur Radio News update are those of the reporters and correspondents.
Accessed on 04 December 2021, 0110 UTC.
Content provided by Kevin Bogan (AH6QO).
Please click link or scroll down to read your selections.
Reminder: Maunakea 146.72- MHz (PL100.0) repeater, WH6FIU, monthly test set for Saturday, December 4, 2021, 1200-1300 HST.
11:22 AM (3 hours ago)
Please check in on the Hawaii State VOAD repeater, WH6FIU, 146.72– MHz (PL 100.0 Hz) Maunakea, Saturday, December 4, 2021 1200-1300 HST.
- Follow the directions of the NCS.
- This is a directed net. All transmissions must be directed to the Net Control Station (NCS) unless given specific permission to go direct with another station.
- No small talk. No sidetalk (unless following Directive #2 above.)
- Stick to the EEI (Essential Elements of Information).
- Reports should be structured with the most important part first and not necessarily in chronological order. (“If it were a joke, the punchline comes first.” )
- End your transmission with your call sign (as much as possible.) This is not an FCC requirement, but a net request. Reason: You never know when the NCS is going to jump to another station and leave you hanging with a 10-minute FCC timer counting down.
- If you are asked to report in a particular format, please comply to help speed up the process. If you arrive after the net starts, listen to the net and adhere to the net reporting format heard.
VIDEO: NWS Honolulu SKYWARN Spotter Training 2021