The monthly test of the Maunakea VOAD Repeater will be held on Saturday, 02 October 2021, 1200-1300 HST.
Views expressed in this Amateur Radio News update are those of the reporters and correspondents.
Accessed on 02 October 2021, 0532 UTC.
Content supplied by Kevin Bogan (AH6QO).
Please click link or scroll down to read your selections.
1:09 PM (6 hours ago)
- Follow the directions of the NCS.
- This is a directed net. All transmissions must be directed to the Net Control Station (NCS) unless given specific permission to go direct with another station.
- No small talk. No sidetalk (unless following Directive #2 above.)
- Stick to the EEI (Essential Elements of Information).
- Reports should be structured with the most important part first and not necessarily in chronological order. (“If it were a joke, the punchline comes first.” )
- End your transmission with your call sign (as much as possible.) This is not an FCC requirement, but a net request. Reason: You never know when the NCS is going to jump to another station and leave you hanging with a 10-minute FCC timer counting down.
- If you are asked to report in a particular format, please comply to help speed up the process. If you arrive after the net starts, listen to the net and adhere to the net reporting format heard.
VIDEO: NWS Honolulu SKYWARN Spotter Training 2021