The regular monthly test of the Maunakea VOAD Repeater is set for Saturday, 03 July 2021, 1200-1300 HST.
Views expressed in this Amateur Radio News update are those of the reporters and correspondents.
Content provided by Kevin Bogan (AH6QO).
Accessed on 03 July 2021, 0447 UTC, Post 2114.
Source (email message from Kevin Bogan-AH6QO);
Please click link or scroll down to read your selections.
- Follow the directions of the NCS.
- This is a directed net. All transmissions must be directed to the Net Control Station (NCS) unless given specific permission to go direct with another station.
- No small talk. No sidetalk (unless following Directive #2 above.)
- Stick to the EEI (Essential Elements of Information).
- Reports should be structured with the most important part first and not necessarily in chronological order. (“If it were a joke, the punchline comes first.” )
- End your transmission with your call sign (as much as possible.) This is not an FCC requirement, but a net request. Reason: You never know when the NCS is going to jump to another station and leave you hanging with a 10-minute FCC timer counting down.
- If you are asked to report in a particular format, please comply to help speed up the process.
VIDEO: NWS Honolulu SKYWARN Spotter Training 2021
For the latest Amateur/Ham Radio news and information, please visit this blog daily. Our news feeds are updated daily. Thanks for joining us today.
Aloha es 73 de Russell Roberts (KH6JRM)
Public Information Officer
Hawaii County, ARRL Pacific Section