The regular monthly test of the Maunakea VOAD Repeater will be held on Saturday, 05 June 2021, 1200-1300 HST.
Views expressed in this Amateur Radio update are those of the reporters and correspondents.
Content supplied by Kevin Bogan (AH6QO).
Accessed on 04 June 2021, 0512 UTC, Post 2066.
Source (email message from Kevin Bogan-AH6QO):
Please click link or scroll down to read your selections.
5:51 PM (1 hour ago)
- Follow the directions of the NCS.
- This is a directed net. All transmissions must be directed to the Net Control Station (NCS) unless given specific permission to go direct with another station. When the conversation is finished, make sure you announce to the NCS “back to net control, followed by your callsign (e.g., “back to net control, NH7PO.).
- No small talk. No sidetalk (unless following Directive #2 above.)
- Stick to the EEI (Essential Elements of Information).
- Reports should be structured with the most important part first and not necessarily in chronological order. (“If it were a joke, the punchline comes first.” )
- End your transmission with your call sign (as much as possible.) This is not an FCC requirement, but a net request. Reason: You never know when the NCS is going to jump to another station and leave you hanging with a 10-minute FCC timer counting down.
- If you are asked to report in a particular format, please comply to help speed up the process.
Aloha es 73 de Russell Roberts (KH6JRM)
Public Information Officer
Hawaii County, ARRL Pacific Section