Please check in on the Hawaii State VOAD repeater, 146.72– MHz (PL 100.0 Hz) Maunakea, Saturday, February 6, 2020 1200-1300 HST.
When checking in please give your callsign spelled phonetically. After the check ins are taken, we will take power, antenna model number and antenna elevation above MSL. If time permits, we will practice message handling. Please make note of the transmission quality of the stations to handle traffic and let me know at the end those stations that would not have a good enough signal to adequately pass traffic.
This is an emcomm repeater, so please use best practices as given by the NCS when operating on the repeater.
- Follow the directions of the NCS.
- No small talk.
- Stick to the EEI (Essential Elements of Information).
- Reports should be structured with the most important part first and not necessarily in chronological order. (“If it were a joke, the punchline comes first.” )
- End your transmission with your call sign (as much as possible.) This is not an FCC requirement, but a net request. Reason: You never know when the NCS is going to jump to another station and leave you hanging with a 10-minute FCC timer counting down.
- If you are asked to report in a particular format, please comply to help speed up the process.