Welcome to the Thursday evening edition of “Big Island ARRL News”. Views expressed in this Amateur/Ham Radio news summary are those of the reporters and correspondents. Content provided by Joseph Speroni (AH0A) (The Pacific Section Section Manager) and HQ, ARRL, Newington, CT, 06111.
Accessed on 25 January 2019, 0245 UTC, Post 848.
Email from Pacific Section Section Manager, Joseph Speroni (AH0A).
Please scroll down to read Joe’s update on the Antenna Parity Act.
ARRL Action on Antenna Parity Act
1:20 PM (3 hours ago)
Just a short note to pass on developing information about ARRL action on
the “Amateur Radio Parity Act”.
Many of you have been following the League’s legislative proposal to
improve Amateur’s ability to deploy antennas for communications that can
be of service to our communities. The ARRL board has decided to
withdraw the proposed legislation and request to the FCC for action on
it. For details see the ARRL web site announcement at,
Follow us on:
Face book – https://www.facebook.com/HawaiiARRL/
Twitter – https://twitter.com/ARRLPacific
Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/pacificarrl/
Blog – https://oahuarrlnews.wordpress.com/
LinkedIn at ARRL Pacific Section
ARRL Pacific Section
Section Manager: Joseph Speroni, AH0A
The ARRL Letter for January 24, 2019
Accessed on 24 January 2019, 0255 UTC, Post 848.
Editor: Rick Lindquist (WW1ME).
The lead article of the current issue of “The ARRL Letter” discusses why the ARRL has decided NOT to pursue a legislative effort to resolve antenna issues in deed-restricted properties (HOAs/CC&Rs). Instead, the ARRL will ask the FCC for direct action on its part. Here are the main topics discussed “The ARRL Letter for January 24, 2019”:
- ARRL Board of Directors Issues Statement on Amateur Radio Parity Act
- New ARRL CEO Wants to “Start a Conversation”
- Amateur Radio Applications Piling Up as Partial Government Shutdown Continues
- The Doctor Will See You Now!
- ARRL Launching New Podcast Geared Toward New Radio Amateurs
- Europe’s Youngsters on the Air Enthusiasm Breeds Exuberance in US
- Ailing ARISS “HamTV” Transmitter Back on Earth for Inspection, Possible Repair
- FCC Reactivating Equipment Authorization System
- In Brief…
- The K7RA Solar Update
- Just Ahead in Radiosport
- Upcoming ARRL Section, State, and Division Conventions
- For the latest Amateur/Ham Radio news and information, please check the blog sidebars and links. These news feeds are updated daily and weekly. Thanks for joining us today.
- Aloha es 73 de Russell Roberts (KH6JRM), Public Information Coordinator, Hawaii County, ARRL Pacific Section. Website: https://bigislandarrlnews.com