Welcome to the Wednesday edition of “Big Island ARRL News.” Views expressed in this amateur/ham radio news summary are those of the reporters and correspondents. Today’s post outlines some of the important news stories for contesters and DX chasers. I will also list two upcoming events that may interest Hawaii Island radio amateurs.
Here are the details:
Accessed on 09 January 2019, 1550 UTC, Post 829
Editor: Brian Moran (N9ADG).
Please click link to read the full story.
Scroll down to read the summary.
- New HF Operators: Roundup Recap, Spring Event Planning, NAQPs
- Contest Summary
- News: RTTY Roundup Logs, Many May Events Coming Soon, but Visalia Events Occur First, Location, Location, Location with Towers, Team Exuberance, and more
- Word to the Wise: Sunday Driver
- Sights and Sounds: KB6NU Podcast Features NCJ Editor, WRTC Tents
- Results: Preliminary ARRL Phone Sweepstakes, final September ARRL VHF Contest, California QSO Party, and more
- Operating Tip: Dupe!
- Technical Topics and Information: Detuning your TX Antennas, K9YC Helps You Choke
- Conversation: Special Teams
- Log Due Dates
Hawaii Island Amateur/Ham Radio notes:
- The Original Big Island of Hawaii International Swap Meet / Ham Fest is set for Saturday, 02 February 2019, at the Waimea Community Center, next to the ball field off the Mamalahoa Highway in Waimea (Kamuela). The event is sponsored by the Kohala Hamakua Radio Club (KHRC) and will be open to the public from 0930 HST to approximately 1400 UTC. The venue includes a swap meet, vendor sales, an EMCOMM forum, and VE testing for new and upgraded amateur radio licenses. For details, contact Steve Milner (WH6N) at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Puna Emergency Radio Club provides communications for the annual Big Island International Marathon in Hilo. This year, the world-class race will be held on Sunday, 17 March 2019. Radio amateurs are needed to provide complete communications coverage for the marathon. If you’d like to help, please contact comms coordinator Sean Fendt (KH6SF) at 430-1884 or via email at email@example.com.
- For the latest Amateur/Ham Radio news and information, please check the blog sidebars and links. These news feeds are updated daily and weekly.
- Aloha es 73 de Russell Roberts (KH6JRM), Public Information Coordinator, Hawaii County, ARRL Pacific Section. Website: https://atomic-temporary-116934757.wpcomstaging.com