Accessed on 14 December 2018, 0156 UTC, Post 802.
Editor: Rick Lindquist (WW1ME).
Please click link to read the full report.
Comment: Here are the main topics discussed in the current edition of “The ARRL Letter.” Views expressed in this amateur radio news summary are those of the reporters and correspondents.
- Fox-1Cliff/AO-95 Suffers Apparent Receiver Failure
- First FT8 Roundup is a Huge Hit
- Hamvention Seeks 2019 Award Nominees
- The Doctor Will See You Now!
- ARRL 2018 Philip J. McGan Award Presented
- ARRL Bill Leonard Audio Reporting Award Presented in New York City
- Attorney Jane Hinckley Halprin Named as FCC’s Administrative Law Judge
- Broadcasters Intruding on Exclusive Amateur Radio Frequencies
- Inaugural “Green Keys Night” Set for January 1
- In Brief…
- Getting It Right
- The K7RA Solar Update
- Just Ahead in Radiosport
- Upcoming ARRL Section, State, and Division Conventions
Hawaii Island Amateur/Ham Radio notes:
- Alan (AD6E/KH6TU) will offer another online CW class, beginning in January 2019. According to Alan “This is an on-line video chat meeting twice a week for eight weeks, most likely Monday and Thursday at 6 pm HST for an hour each…” For more information on the online CW class please visit this website:
- The Big Island International Swap Meet/HamFest is set for Saturday, 02 February 2019, at the Waimea Community Center, next to the ball field off the Mamalahoa Highway in Waimea (Kamuela). The HamFest will be open to the public between 0930 HST and 1400 HST. The event will include a swap meet, vendor tables, an EMCOMM forum, and VE testing for news and upgraded amateur radio licenses. For details, contact Steve Milner (WH6N) at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- According to Barbara (NH7FY) the next Big Island Amateur Radio Club luncheon will be held this Friday, 1130 HST, at the Ponds Restaurant in Hilo. To reserve your place, please call Barbara at 936-3377.
- For the latest Amateur/Ham Radio news and information, please check the blog sidebars and links. These news feeds are updated daily. Thanks for joining us today.
- Aloha es 73 de Russell Roberts (KH6JRM), Public Information Coordinator, Hawaii County, ARRL Pacific Section.