Accessed on 12 December 2018, 1535 UTC, Post 801.
Author: Brian Moran (N9ADG)
Please click link to read the full report.
Comment: Here are the main topics addressed in the current contest update:
IN THIS ISSUE
- New HF Operators: RAC Winter Contest, ARRL Rookie Roundup, ARRL RTTY Roundup
- Contest Summary
- News: WSJT-X version 2.0, WSJT-X hints for January ARRL VHF, and more
- Word to the Wise: Filter Ripple
- Sights and Sounds: ARRL RTTY Plaque Winner, PJ4Q, and more
- Results: ARRL 10-Meter and 160-Meter Comments, FMT Results, and more
- Operating Tip: Rate Versus Mode
- Technical Topics and Information: LIbrePCB, CQing Rewards, and more
- Log Due Dates
Hawaii Island Amateur/Ham Radio notes:
- The Original Big Island of Hawaii International Swap Meet/HamFest is set for Saturday, 02 February 2019, at the Waimea Community Center, next to the ball field off the Mamalahoa Highway in Waimea (Kamuela). The event is open to the public between 0930 and 1400 HST. The venue includes a swap meet, vendor tables, an EMCOMM forum, and a VE test session for new and upgraded amateur radio licenses. For details, contact Steve Milner (WH6N) at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The next CW class of the CW Academy will be held January and February 2019. According to Alan (AD6E/KH6TU), the course “is an on-line video chat meeting twice a week for eight weeks, most likely Monday and Thursday at 6 pm HST for an hour…since this is an internet based virtual classroom, no commute is needed. You can do this from home.” Sign up here:
- For the latest Amateur/Ham Radio news and information, please check the blog sidebars and links. These news feeds are updated daily and weekly. Thanks for joining us today.
- Aloha es 73 de Russell Roberts (KH6JRM), Public Information Coordinator, Hawaii County, ARRL Pacific Section…https://bigislandarrlnews.com.