Accessed on 07 December 2018, 0154 UTC, Post 795.
Editor: Rick Lindquist (WW1ME).
Please click link to read the full edition.
Comment: Here’s the latest edition of “The ARRL Letter”, published by HQ ARRL, Newington, CT, 06111. The views expressed in this news summary are those of the reporters and correspondents.
Here are the main topics discussed in the current edition:
- Fox-1Cliff Launched Successfully, Now Designated AO-95
- 2018 QST Antenna Design Competition Winners Announced
- The Doctor Will See You Now!
- ARRL CEO Howard Michel, WB2ITX, to Keynote 20th Annual Ham Radio University
- JOTA Reports 36% Growth in Scout Participation for 2018
- North American Collegiate Championship Adds NAQP RTTY for 2019
- FCC Tells LED Sign Marketers to Abide by Statutes and Rules
- New Two-Ham ISS Crew Launched to ISS is the First Since Aborted October Flight
- 2018 ARRL Hiram Percy Maxim Memorial Award Presented in Festive Style
- In Brief…
- The K7RA Solar Update
- Just Ahead in Radiosport
- Upcoming ARRL Section, State, and Division Conventions
Hawaii Island Amateur/Ham Radio notes:
- The Big Island Amateur Radio Club will hold its annual Christmas dinner, regular monthly meeting, and election of officers on Saturday, 08 December 2018, 1400 HST, at the Keaau Community Center. The Club will provide the ham and turkey. The rest of the dinner is potluck.
- The Original Big Island of Hawaii International Swap Meet and Ham Fest is set for Saturday, 02 February 2019, from 0930 HST to 1400 HST, at the Waimea Community Center, next to the ball field off the Mamalahoa Highway in Waimea (Kamuela). Events include a swap meet, vendor sales, an EMCOMM forum, and VE testsing for new and upgraded Amateur Radio License. For details, contact Steve Milner (WH6N) at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Alan (AD6E/KH6TU) is starting a new online CW class in January 2019. According to Alan, “This is an on-line video chat meeting twice a week for eight weeks, most likely Monday and Thursday at 6 pm HST for an hour each…No prior CW experience is required for Level 1…” You can sign up here:
- For the latest Amateur/Ham Radio news and information, please check the blog sidebars and links. These news feeds are updated daily and weekly. Thanks for joining us today.
- Aloha es 73 de Russell Roberts (KH6JRM), Public Information Coordinator, Hawaii County, ARRL Pacific Section.