Accessed on 05 December 2018, 0411 UTC, Post 793.
Author: HQ ARRL, Newington, CT, 06111.
Please click link or scroll down to read your selections.
Comment: Here are some of the top Amateur/Ham Radio news stories being tracked by the ARRL. This report covers the period between 26 November 2018 and 04 December 2018. Views expressed in this news summary are those of the reporters and correspondents.
The Canadian National Parks on the Air event (CNPOTA) will get under way on January 1, 2019, and continue until year’s end.Read More
12/04/2018 | FCC Will Be Closed on Wednesday, December 5
The FCC Will Be Closed on Wednesday, December 5.Read More
SpaceX has announced that the SSO-A: SmallSat Express mission carrying AMSAT’s Fox-1Cliff CubeSat has been deployed into orbit.Read More
The FCC Enforcement Bureau this week called on marketers of light-emitting diode (LED) signs to ensure that these lights comply with FCC rules.Read More
The winner of the 2018 ARRL Hiram Percy Maxim Memorial Award, Ruth Willet, KM4LAO, received the award plaque and allotted $1,500 on NovemberRead More
Start listening now!Read More
11/30/2018 | A New QST QuickStats Poll Has Been Posted
Cast your votes today!Read More
11/30/2018 | The K7RA Solar Update
Little change in the solar flux indexRead More
11/30/2018 | JOTA Reports 36% Growth in Scout Participation
Scouting’s Jamboree on the Air (JOTA) 2018 reports that total Scout participation in the annual fall event jumped by 36% from 2017.Read More
11/29/2018 | Fox-1Cliff Launch Now Set for December 2
The SpaceX mission carrying AMSAT’s Fox-1Cliff is now scheduled to launch on Sunday, December 2.Read More
11/29/2018 | The Doctor Will See You Now!
“Station Computers” is the topic of the current (November 22) episode of the “ARRL The Doctor is In” podcast.Read More
Satellites with Amateur Radio payloads are set to launch from India on November 29 at approximately 0400 UTC.Read More
SKYWARNÔ Recognition Day (SRD) 2018 takes place on Saturday, December 1, from 0000 until 2400 UTC, and Maxim Memorial Station W1AW will be active as bonus station WX1AW.Read More
The annual Santa’s Radio Club Special Event from 200 kilometers above the Arctic Circle will be on the air December 1 – 8 as OH9S — OH9Santa.Read More
SpaceX has announced that the SSO-A SmallSat Express mission has been postponed.Read More
11/26/2018 | New WSJT-X 2.0-rc5 Beta Version Now Available, First “Serious” FT8 Contest this Weekend
A fifth “candidate release” — or beta version — of WSJT-X 2.0 now is available for download and use by beta testers.Read More
Hawaii Island Amateur/Ham Radio notes:
- The Big Island Amateur Radio Club (BIARC) will hold its annual Christmas dinner, regular monthly meeting, and election of club officers on Saturday, 08 December 2018, 1400 HST, at the Keaau Community Center. The club will provide the ham and turkey. The rest of the dinner is potluck.
- Alan (AD6E/KH6TU) begins another CW class in January 2019. According to Alan the CW class will be conducted as an online video chat. The class will meet “twice a week for eight weeks, most likely Monday and Thursday at 6 pm HST for an hour each.” Sign up here:
- The Original Big Island of Hawaii International Swap Meet/Ham Fest will be held on Saturday, 02 February2019, from 0930 HST to 1400 HST, at the Waimea Community Center, next to the ball field off the Mamalahoa Highway in Waimea (Kamuela). The program includes vendor sales, a swap meet, an EMCOMM forum, and VE testing for new and upgraded amateur radio licenses. For details, contact Steve Milner (WH6N) at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please send your Hawaii Island Amateur/Ham Radio news items to email@example.com.
- For the latest Amateur/Ham Radio news and information, please check the blog sidebars and links. These news feeds are updated daily and weekly. Thanks for joining us today.
- Aloha es73 de Russell Roberts (KH6JRM), Public Information Coordinator, Hawaii County, ARRL Pacific Section.
- Web access at: https://bigislandarrlnews.com.