Accessed on 09 November 2018, 0140 UTC, Post #760.
Editor: Rick Lindquist (WW1ME).
Please click link to read the full letter.
Comment: Here are some of the topics explored in the current issue of “The ARRL Letter.” Views expressed in this amateur/ham radio news summary are those of the reporters and correspondents.
- Doreen Bogdan-Martin, KD2JTX, Elected as ITU Telecommunication Development Bureau Director
- FCC Fines Amateur Radio Licensee $25,000 for Operating Unlicensed FM Station
- The Doctor Will See You Now!
- Oregon ARES Drill Scenario Simulates Double Virus and Hypothetical Terrorist Attack
- Florida Air Show Gives Ham Radio Some On-the-Air Exposure
- ARRL Contests Landing Page Offers Additional Enhanced and Expanded Content
- FCC Accepting Applications for its Engineering Honors Program
- New Islands on the Air Groups Announced
- Special Call Signs Commemorate Centenary of World War I Armistice
- In Brief…
- The K7RA Solar Update
- Just Ahead in Radiosport
- Upcoming ARRL Section, State, and Division Conventions
Hawaii Island Amateur/Ham Radio notes:
- Alan (AD6E/KH6TU) is starting another online CW class in January, 2019. According to Alan, “The class is free…it is a great course-a chance to acquire a new skill with a 1-on-1 instructor.” Alan adds, “This is an on-line video chat meeting at 6 pm HST for an hour each…You can do this from home.” Sign up here: https://cwops.org/cw-academy-2/cwacademy-student-sign-up/.
- For the latest Amateur/Ham Radio news and information, please check the blog sidebars and links. These news feeds are updated daily and weekly.
- Aloha es 73 de Russell Roberts (KH6JRM), Public Information Coordinator, Hawaii County, ARRL Pacific Section.