Accessed on 26 October 2018, 0137 UTC, Post #741.
Editor: Rick Lindquist (WW1ME).
Please click link to read the full edition.
Comment: Here are the main topics discussed in the current edition of “The ARRL Letter”, published by the ARRL, Newington, CT, 06111. Views expressed in this Amateur/Ham Radio news summary are those of the reporters and correspondents.
- Successful Ham Radio Contact between Students and Space Station Excites and Inspires
- Ham Aid Kits Positioned to Deploy as Typhoon Yutu Ravages Central Pacific Islands
- Waterlogged VP6D Ducie Island DXpedition Reported to be “Progressing Well”
- Practice Makes Perfect with FT8 and Other WSJT-X Protocols
- The Doctor Will See You Now!
- Achieving a “Clean Sweep” is the Brass Ring of ARRL November Sweepstakes
- ARISS Plan Under Consideration for NASA’s Deep Space Gateway Program
- Detained Norwegian Radio Amateur Allowed to Leave Chad
- In Brief…
- The K7RA Solar Update
- Just Ahead in Radiosport
- Upcoming ARRL Section, State, and Division Conventions
Hawaii Island Amateur/Ham Radio notes:
- The final round of Amateur Radio Technician License classes begins on 01 November 2018 at the Keaau Community Center in Keaau (Hawaii Island). The VE-administered test will be given on 06 December 2018. A test fee of $15.00 will be collected at the time of each exam. For more information, please contact Doug Wilson (KH7DQ) at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The 2018 Hawaiian Islands Gridmadness VHF/UHF Simplex Event was a great success, attracting 152 participants on Sunday, 16 September 2018. Event Manager Stan Froseth (AH6KO) and the Aulani Hui Amateur Repeater Club have compiled an in-depth analysis of the event, complete with photos, graphs, maps, and other supporting material. You can check out the full report here: https://gridmadness.blogspot.com
- For the latest Amateur/Ham Radio news and information, please check the blog sidebars and links. These news feeds are updated daily and weekly.
- Aloha es 73 de Russell Roberts (KH6JRM), Public Information Coordinator, Hawaii County, ARRL Pacific Section.