Accessed on 17 October 2018, 1422 UTC, Post #730.
Author: Brian Moran (N9ADG).
Please click link to read the full edition.
Comment: Here are the main topics discussed in the current edition of “The ARRL Contest Update”:
- New HF Operators: CQ WW SSB
- Contest Summary
- News: ARRL RTTY Roundup, JOTA, 4O3A Products Rep, and more
- Word to the Wise: Libration
- Sights and Sounds: YCCC WRTC 2018 Videos, K3LR @ GB3RS, Flares vs CMEs, and more
- Results: ARRL June VHF, September NA Sprint Preliminary Results, and more
- Operating Tip: How to be Spotted
- Technical Topics and Information: SSB Skimmer, GridMapper, LED light
- Conversation: Winning Contesters and Influencing Non-Contesters
- Log Due Dates
Hawaii Island Amateur/Ham Radio notes:
- The final round of Amateur Radio Technician License classes begins on 01 November 2018 at the Keaau Community Center in Keaau (Hawaii Island). The VE-administered test will be given on 06 December 2018. A test fee of $15.00 will be collected at the time of each exam. For details, contact Doug Wilson (KH7DQ) at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For the latest Amateur/Ham Radio news and information, please check the blog sidebars and links. These news feeds are updated daily and weekly. Thanks for joining us today.
- Aloha es 73 de Russell Roberts (KH6JRM), Public Information Coordinator, Hawaii County, ARRL Pacific Section.