Accessed on 12 October 2018, 0004 UTC, Post #724.
Please click link to read the full report.
Comment: Here is the current issue of “The ARRL Letter”, published by HQ ARRL, Newington, CT, 06111. Views expressed in this news summary are those of the reporters and correspondents.
- Amateur Radio Assets Active as Category 4 Hurricane Michael Makes Landfall
- FAA Reauthorization Act of 2018 Overhauls Marking Requirements for Short Rural Towers
- US Ham-Astronaut, Russian Cosmonaut Safe in Wake of SoyuzLaunch Failure
- The Doctor Will See You Now!
- International Space Station Crew Member Fires Up NA1SS to Seek Random Contacts
- MARS to Support Defense Department Radio Communication Readiness Exercise
- Climber Dies in Amateur Radio Tower Collapse
- Minnesota Club Provides Support for “Ride The Ridges” Cycling Event
- IARU Region 1 Volunteers and Partners Getting Behind WRC-19 50 MHz Agenda Item
- Radio Amateurs among Radio Club of America 2018 Award Recipients and Fellows
- In Brief…
- The K7RA Solar Update
- Just Ahead in Radiosport
- Upcoming ARRL Section, State, and Division Conventions
Hawaii Island Amateur/Ham Radio notes:
- Don’t forget the 2018 ARRL Simulated Emergency Test (SET) scheduled for Saturday, 13 October 2018, from 0900 to 1200 HST.
- The final round of free Amateur Radio Technician Class License classes will begin on 01 November 2018 at the Keaau Community Center on Hawaii Island. The VE-administered exam will be given on 06 December 2018. A test fee of $15.00 in exact change will be collected at the time of the test. For more information, please contact Doug Wilson (KH7DQ) at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For the latest Amateur/Ham Radio news and information, please check the blog sidebars and links. These news feeds are updated daily and weekly. Thanks for joining us today.
- Aloha es 73 de Russell Roberts (KH6JRM), Public Information Coordinator, Hawaii County, ARRL Pacific Section.