Accessed on 21 September 2018, 0203 UTC, Post #700.
Please click link to read the full edition of “The ARRL Letter.”
Here are some of the topics discussed in the 20 September 2018 edition of “The ARRL Letter”:
- Amateur Radio Volunteers Still Dealing with Florence’s Aftermath
- FCC Grants ARRL Temporary Waiver Request to Permit PACTOR 4 Use in Hurricane Relief
- The Doctor Will See You Now!
- New Beta Version WSJT-X 2.0 Boasts Major Changes
- Puerto Rico Amateurs Beefing Up Hurricane Preparedness
- Emergency Preparedness Takes Center Stage for 2018 Simulated Emergency Test
- Nominations Sought for 2018 ARRL Bill Leonard Award
- Proposals to Host Contacts with Space Station Crew Due by November 15
- “Get Your Park ON” Operating Event Set for October
- The K7RA Solar Update
- Just Ahead in Radiosport
- Upcoming ARRL Section, State, and Division Conventions
ARRL Audio News on Hiatus for September 21 There will be no edition of ARRL Audio News on Friday, September 21. It will resume on Friday, September 28.
Hawaii Island Amateur/Ham Radio notes:
Don’t forget to participate in the 2018 ARRL Simulated Emergency Test (SET) on Saturday, 13 October 2018, from 0900 to 1200 HST. You can read the official press release here: https://oahuarrlnews.wordpress.com.
The final round of free Amateur Radio Technician Class License classes begins on 01 November 2018 at the Keaau Community Center in Keaau on Hawaii island. The VE-administered test will be given on 06 December 2018. A test fee of $15.00 will be collected prior to the exam. For details, contact Doug Wilson (KH7DQ) at email@example.com.
For the latest Amateur/Ham Radio news and information, please check the blog sidebars and links. These news feeds are updated daily and weekly. Thanks for joining us today.
Aloha es 73 de,
Russell Roberts (KH6JRM).
Public Information Coordinator.
Hawaii County, ARRL Pacific Section.