Accessed on 20 September 2018, 0413 UTC, Post #698.
Editor: Brian Moran (N9ADG).
Please click link to read the full issue.
Here are the main topics covered in the current issue of the “ARRL Contest Update”:
- New HF Operators: CQ WW RTTY, Sprints, and Classics
- Contest Summary
- News: Avoid Emergency and Relief Frequencies, Logging Your Own Contests, WSJT-X 2.0 rc-1, and more
- Word to the Wise: Macro
- Sights and Sounds: 2BSIQ with Flex 6700 & N1MM Logger+, Freakonomics Series to Explores Athletic Competitor Motivation
- Results: Preliminary NAQP SSB Results, Ops needed, Conditions are Bad
- Operating Tip: Start Every DX Contest on 40 Meters
- Technical Topics and Information: Teletype Model 19 Power Supply Analyzed, Metal Zip-Ties, Fixing Corroded Contacts, Logging for ARRL 10 GHz and Up, and more
- Log Due Dates
- Hawaii Island Amateur/Ham Radio notes:
- The 2018 ARRL Simulated Emergency Test (SET) is coming on Saturday, 13 October 2018, from 0900 to 1200 HST. You can read the formal press release here: https://oahuarrlnews.wordpress.com.
- The final round of free Amateur Radio Technician Class License prep classes begins on 01 November 2018 at the Keaau Community Center in Keaau. The VE-administered test will be given on 06 December 2018. A test fee of $15.00 in exac cash will be collected prior to the exam. For details, contact Doug Wilson (KH7DQ) at email@example.com.
- For the latest Amateur/Ham Radio news and information, please check the blog sidebars and links. These news feeds are updated daily and weekly. Thanks for joining us today.
- Aloha es73 de Russell Roberts (KH6JRM), Public Information Coordinator, Hawaii County, ARRL Pacific Section.