Accessed on 14 September 2018, 0313 UTC, Post #689.
Please click link to read the full letter, including a full story on Hurricane Florence and how radio amateurs will respond to the massive storm.
Here are the main topics discussed in the current issue of The ARRL Letter:
- ARRL Headquarters Emergency Response Team Activates for Florence
- IARU Administrative Council Meeting Focuses on WRC-19 Preparation
- The Doctor Will See You Now!
- US ARDF Team Tops its Own World Championships Medal Count in Korea
- Colorado Club Supports Make-A-Wish Foundation Trailblaze Challenge
- Ducie Island VP6D DXpedition, Other Pacific Operations on Target
- Two 40-Meter Broadcast Intruders Gone, IARU Region 1 Monitoring System Reports
- In Brief…
- The K7RA Solar Update
- Just Ahead in Radiosport
- Upcoming ARRL Section, State, and Division Conventions
Hawaii Island Amateur/Ham Radio notes:
- The Fifth Annual Hawaiian Islands Grid Madness VHF/UHF simplex event is set for this Sunday, from 1300 to 1700 HST. The Aulani Hui Repeater Club sponsors this fun contest “to test your equipment, coverage and operating skills using simplex FM on 2 meters and 70 cm.” For more details, visit https://gridmadness.blogspot.com.
- For the latest Amateur/Ham Radio news and information, please check the blog sidebars and links. These news feeds are updated daily and weekly.
- Aloha es 73 de Russell Roberts (KH6JRM), Public Information Coordinator, Hawaii County, ARRL Pacific Section.