Accessed on 07 September 2018, 0211 UTC, Post #680.
Editor: Rick Lindquist (WW1ME).
Please click link to read the newsletter.
Here are some of the issues explored in the current edition of “The ARRL Letter”:
The ARRL Letter
September 6, 2018
Rick Lindquist, WW1ME, Editor
[Note: Clicking on the story links below will take you to the news article as it appears in The ARRL Letter on the ARRL website.]
- Ham Radio to be Represented at 9th Annual World Maker Faire in New York City
- Hurricane Watch Net Manager: September is Gearing Up to be an Active Month
- Reverse-Polarity Sunspot Group Does Not Belong to Cycle 25, Observatory Says
- The Doctor Will See You Now!
- Radio Amateurs Receive Images from Chinese Lunar Satellite
- Korean Postage Stamp Recognizes Amateur Radio Direction Finding Championships
- September’s US Route 66 On the Air Special Event Marks 19th Year
- Digital Mobile Radio Hotspots May Be Interfering with Satellite Uplinks, AMSAT Reports
- In Brief…
- The K7RA Solar Update
- Just Ahead in Radiosport
- Upcoming ARRL Section, State, and Division Conventions
Hawaii Island Amateur/Ham Radio notes:
- The Fifth Annual Hawaiian Island Grid Madnews is coming Sunday, 16 September, from 1300-1700 HST. The Aulani Hui Amateur Repeater Club sponsors the event ‘to test your equipment, coverage and operating skills using simplex FM on 2 meters and 70 cm. For more information, please visit the website at https://gridmadness.blogspot.com.
- For the latest Amateur/Ham Radio news and information, please check the blog sidebars and links. These news feeds are updated daily and weekly. Thanks for joining us today.
- Aloha es 73 de Russell Roberts (KH6JRM), Public Information Coordinator, Hawaii Island,