Accessed on 31 August 2018, 1438 UTC, Post #674.
Please click link to read the full issue of “The ARRL Letter.”
Here are this week’s top Amateur/Ham Radio news stories from HQ ARRL, Newington, CT, 06111. Views expressed in this news summary are those of the reporters and correspondents.
- Howard E. Michel, WB2ITX, is New ARRL Chief Executive Officer
- FCC Sticks by Prescribed Page Limit in Denying Request in Radio Amateur’s Appeal
- An Amazing Recovery: ARISS Packet System Revives
- The Doctor Will See You Now!
- ARRL Foundation Announces Dick Warren, K6OBS, Memorial Scholarship
- Ham Radio Equipment for Emergency Communication Delivered in Honduras
- CITEL Addresses Telecommunications Initiatives Prior to ITU Plenipotentiary
- YOTA South Africa 2018 Participants Urged to Share What They’ve Learned
- In Brief…
- The K7RA Solar Update
- Just Ahead in Radiosport
- Upcoming ARRL Section, State, and Division Conventions
ARRL Headquarters will be closed on Monday, September 3, for the Labor Day holiday. There will be no W1AW bulletin or code practice transmissions that day. ARRL Headquarters will reopen on Tuesday, September 4, at 1200 UTC. Have a safe and enjoyable Labor Day weekend!
Hawaii Island Amateur/Ham Radio notes:
The Fifth Annual Hawaiian Islands Grid Madness is coming Sunday, 16 September 2018 from 1300 to 1700 HST. The Aulani Hui Amateur Repeater Club sponsors this fun VHF/UHF Simplex event “to test your equipment, coverage and operating skills using simplex FM on 2 meters and 70 cm. Contact as many stations as you can in as many Grid Squares as you can, using SIMPLEX ONLY”. For more information, please visit https://gridmadness.blogspot.com.
For the latest Amateur/Ham Radio news and information, please check the blog sidebars and links. These news feeds are updated daily and weekly. Thanks for joining us today.
Aloha es 73 de
Russell Roberts (KH6JRM)
Public Information Coordinator
Hawaii County, ARRL Pacific Section