Accessed on 24 August 2018, 0527 UTC, Post #666.
Please click link to read the full edition.
Here are the main topics discussed in the current edition of “The ARRL Letter” from HQ ARRL, Newington, CT, 06111.
Of particular note is the lead story, which mentions ARRL preparations for Hurricane Lane.
- ARRL Headquarters Monitoring Progress of Hurricane Lane
- ARRL Announces Director, Vice Director Candidates for Fall Election
- Concern Rising within Amateur Radio Community over WWV Shutdown Proposal
- Kerala, India, Flooding: Radio Amateurs Assisted Rescue Operations
- Earthquake Hits Venezuela, Net Activates
- The Doctor Will See You Now!
- Summer Section Manager Election Results Announced
- Consent Decree Settles FCC Noncompliant Drone Transmitters Marketing Case
- US Coast Guard Warns of LED Lighting Interference to Marine Radios, AIS Reception
- Company Established by Inventor Nathan Cohen, W1YW, Advances Cloaking Technology
- Shortwave Radio Reports May Offer Best Evidence of Amelia Earhart’s Fate, Group Believes
- In Brief…
- The K7RA Solar Update
- Just Ahead in Radiosport
- Upcoming ARRL Section, State, and Division Conventions
Hawaii Island Amateur/Ham Radio notes:
- Hurricane Lane is still with us as it dumps heavy showers on much of Hawaii Island. Flooding and landslides have blocked some highways and roads. Electricity has been on and off since Thursday evening. Please consider the weather before engaging in any on-air activity. Be sure your emergency kit is ready to go. Be sure to fill your vehicle’s fuel tank.
- Despite the presence of Hurricane Lane, the Hawaii QSO Party is still set for this weekend. The Hawaii QSO Party will be held from 6;.m. Friday, 24 August, to 5:59 p.m. Sunday, 25 August 2018 (all times are HST). All Hawaii radio amateurs are invited to participate. For more information, please visit http://www.hawaiiqsoparty.org.
- Stay safe.
- Aloha es 73 de Russ (KH6JRM), Public Information Coordinator, Hawaii County, ARRL Pacific Section.