Accessed on 18 August 2018, 0054 UTC, Post #658.
Please click link to download the current edition of the “ARRL ARES E-Letter.”
Editor: Rick Palm (K1CE).
Here are the main topics discussed in the 25 August 2018 “ARRL ARES E-Letter”. Views expressed in this news summary are those of the reporters and correspondents.
- ARRL Board Meets, Addresses Proposed ARES Program Changes, Applauds Microwave Group
- ARRL Seeks Comments on ARES Strategic Plan from Section Managers and Section Emergency Coordinators
- AREDN Project Announces Strategic Changes
- Letters: On Challenges to Mesh Networking
- Follow Up on Damage Assessment Practice by California Groups
- FEMA: Evacuation Versus Shelter-in-Place Considerations
- ARRL Section News
- K1CE For a Final: See You in September, at Boxboro!
- ARRL — Your One-Stop Resource for Amateur Radio News and Information
Hawaii Amateur/Ham Radio notes:
- On Tuesday, 28 August 2-18, Oscar Resto (KP4RF), the Puerto Rico ARRL Section Manager, will be speaking at the LDS Church in Orchidland with presentations set for 2 p.m./6 p.m. HST. Please RSVP to Pascal (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you plan to attend these meetings. We need a head county for event planning. The Kohala Hamakua Radio Club has invited Oscar Resto (KP4RF), the ARRL Puerto Rico Section Manager, to speak to Hamakua and Kohala residents on hurricane preparedness on Wednesday, 29 August 2018, 6:30 p.m. HST, at the North Hawaii Community Hospital conference room in Waimea (Hawaii Island). The event is free but hospital parking is limited. RSVP to Norm (email@example.com).
- The 2018 edition of the Hawaiian Islands Grid Madness VHF/UHF simplex event returns on Sunday, 16 September 2018, from 1300 to 1700 HST. The Aulani Hui Amateur Repeater Club sponsors this annual event “to test your equipment, coverage and operating skills using simplex FM on 2 meters and 70 cm.” For more information, please visit https://gridmadness.blogspot.com.
- For the latest Amateur/Ham Radio news and information, please check the blog sidebars and links. These news feeds are updated daily and weekly. Thanks for joining us today.
- Aloha es 73 de Russell Roberts (KH6JRM), Public Information Coordinator, Hawaii County, Pacific Section.