Accessed on 03 August 2018, 2003 UTC, Post #642.
Please click link to read the complete newsletter.
Here are some of the topics discussed in the current edition of “The ARRL Letter.” Views expressed in this news summary are those of the reporters and correspondents.
- ARRL Board Adopts Volunteer Monitoring Program; Official Observer Program to be Retired
- Award Recipients Named by ARRL Board of Directors
- FCC Cites Baofeng Importer for Illegally Marketing Unauthorized RF Devices
- The Doctor Will See You Now!
- Ruth Willet, KM4LAO, is 2018 Hiram Percy Maxim Memorial Award Recipient
- QST Antenna Design Competition Submission Deadline Looms
- ARRL 2017 Annual Report Focuses on Hurricane Response
- ARRL Exhibits for First Time at AirVenture Oshkosh 2018
- Bryant Rascoll, KG5HVO, is 2018 Newsline Young Ham of the Year
- The K7RA Solar Update
- Just Ahead in Radiosport
- Upcoming ARRL Section, State, and Division Conventions
Hawaii Island Amateur/Ham Radio Notes:
- All radio amateurs are invited to an informal breakfast meeting at the Lava Rock Cafe in Volcano Village on Saturday, 04 August 2018, beginning at 0800 HST.
- The regular monthly test of the VOAD Mauna Kea repeater will be held on Saturday, 04 August 2018, from 1200 to 1300 HST. You can access the repeater at 146.72 MHz-PL 100.0 Hz, All radio amateurs are encouraged to sign in.
- The Fifth Annual Hawaiian Islands Grid Madness is set for Sunday, 16 September 2018, from 1300 to 1700 HST. The Aulani Hui Amateur Repeater Club sponsors this VHF/UHF Simplex Event “to test your equipment, coverage and operating skills using simplex FM on 2 meters and 70 cm. Contact as many station as you can in as many Grid Squares as you can, using SIMPLEX ONLY.” For details, visit https://gridmadness.blogspot.com.
- For the latest Amateur/Ham Radio news and information, please check the blog sidebars and links. These news feeds are updated daily and weekly.
- Aloha es 73 de Russell Roberts (KH6JRM), Public Information Coordinator, Hawaii County, ARRL Pacific Section.