Accessed on 27 July 2018, 0020 UTC, Post #634.
Please click link to read the full letter.
Here are the main topics discussed in the current edition of “The ARRL Letter”. Please click links to read your selections.
- FCC Proposes $18,000 Fine in Louisiana Amateur Radio Interference Case
- Parity Act Options Open Despite Removal from Defense Authorization Act Conference Report
- The Doctor Will See You Now!
- Broadcast-Quality Audio Processor Donated to W1AW
- Significant Changes in Store for FT8 and MSK144 with WSJT-XVersion 2.0
- More ARRL Contest Award Certificates Now Available for Download
- Ducie Island VP6D Team Awaiting its Turn at Baker Island KH1/KH7Z Radios
- Astro-Ham Alexander Gerst, KF5ONO, Jams with Kraftwerk for Festival Audience
- In Brief…
- The K7RA Solar Update
- Just Ahead in Radiosport
- Upcoming ARRL Section, State, and Division Conventions
Hawaii Island Amateur/Ham Radio Notes:
- The final round of free Amateur Radio Technician License prep classes begins on 01 November 2018 at the Keaau Community Center on Hawaii Island. The VE-administered test will be given on 06 December 2018. A test fee of $15.00 in exact cash will be collected at the time of each test. For details, contact Doug Wilson (KH7DQ) at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Jim Sugg (AH6AE) needs some radio amateurs to help with the Emergency Preparedness Fair in Waimea (Hawaii Island) on Saturday, 25 August 2018, from 0800 to 1200 HST. The fair will be held at the Mana Christian Ohana Hall near the Kahilu Theatre. For details, call Jim at (808) 747-4500 (mobile).
- The 2018 edition of the Hawaiian Grid Madness VHF/UHF Simplex Event is coming on Sunday, 16 September 2018, from 1300 to 1700 HST. The Aulani Hui Amateur Repeater Club sponsors this annual FUN event “to test your equipment, coverage and operating skills using simplex FM on 2 meters and 70 cm…” For details, visit https://gridmadness.blogspot.com.
- For the latest Amateur/Ham Radio news and information, please check the blog sidebars and links. These news feeds are updated daily and weekly. Thanks for joining us today.
- Aloha es 73 de Russell Roberts (KH6JRM), Public Information Coordinator, Hawaii County, ARRL Pacific Section.