Accessed on 26 July 2018, 0337 UTC, Post #633.
Editor: Brian Moran (N9ADG).
Please click link to read the full article.
Here are some of the topics discussed in the 25 July 2018 edition of “The ARRL Contest Update”:
IN THIS ISSUE
- New HF Operators: Hogweed Hazard, IOTA, NAQP
- Contest Summary
- News: Downloadable Certificates for ARRL Contests, SOTA Advice, ARDF, WRTC 2018, and more
- Word to the Wise: Desensing
- Sights and Sounds: Four Port Coax Relay Project, WRTC 2018 Pictures, and more
- Results: WRTC 2018
- Operating Tip: Core Strength
- Technical Topics and Information: Not All Sunspot Cycles are 11 Years, Crowdsourced Transmitter Triangulation, and more
- Conversation: Notes from Germany – WRTC 2018
- Log Due Dates
Hawaii Island Amateur/Ham Radio Notes:
- Jim Sugg (AH6AE) needs some radio amateurs “to demo how ham radio works at (the) upcoming emergency preparedness fair in Waimea (Hawaii Island)…on Saturday, August 25, 2018 from 8am-12pm…” The free community event will be held at the Mana Christian Ohana Hall near the Kahilu Theatre. For details, call Jim at (808) 747-4500 (mobile).
- The final round of free Amateur/Ham Radio Technician License prep classes begins on 01 November 2018 at the Keaau Community Center. The VE-administered exam will be given on 06 December 2018. A test fee of $15.00 in exact cash will be collected at the time of each exam. For details, contact Doug Wilson (KH7DQ) at douscelle@aolcom.
- The Fifth Annual Hawaiian Islands Grid Madness VHF/UHF Simplex Event is coming on Sunday, 16 September 2018, from 1300 to 1700 HST. The Aulani Hui Amateur Repeater Club sponsors the annual contest “to test your equipment, coverage and operating skills using simplex FM on 2 meters and 70 cm…” For details, visit https://gridmadness.blogspot.com.
- For the latest Amateur/Ham Radio news and information, please check the blog sidebars and links. These news feeds are updated daily and weekly. Thanks for joining us today.
- Aloha es 73 de Russell Roberts (KH6JRM), Public Information Coordinator, Hawaii County, ARRL Pacific Section.