Accessed on 22 July 2018, 0305 UTC, Post #629.
Managing Editor: Matt (W1MST).
Please click link to read the full edition.
Please click individual headlines to read each story.
Here are the top Amateur/Ham Radio news stories ending Saturday, 21 July 2018, from http://www.amateurradio.com. These news headlines are drawn from HQ ARRL and Reddit/t/amateurradio Posts.
- More ARRL Contest Award Certificates Now Available for Download
- Marconi Birthplace to Host World Radiosport Team Championship 2022
- The K7RA Solar Update
- Dave Kalter Youth DX Adventure (YDXA) to be on the Air July 19 – 24
- Slovenia Gains 60-Meter Band Allocation
- RSGB Creates New Volunteer Observers Cadre in UK
- The Doctor Will See You Now!
- RadioShack “Express Stores” to Open in HobbyTown USA Locations
- US ARDF Champions Prepare for International Competition in Korea
- AMSAT-NA Mailing Corrected 2018 Board of Directors Ballots
- Radio Shack Express stores to open in Hobby Town USA locations.
- Looking for recommendations on study material and equipment.
- Indoor Buddipole
- New radio day!
- Wind killed my G5RV. Western union (lineman) splice to the rescue!
- Remotehams.com website
- Manpack and winlink
- 6 meters is interesting, just made my first contact
- 991A Equalizer Settings
- Traveling With Radios
Hawaii Island Amateur/Ham Radio Notes:
- Jim Sugg (AH6AE) needs some radio amateurs “to demo how ham radio works at (the) upcoming emergency preparedness fair in Waimea (Hawaii Island)…on Saturday, August 25, 2018 from 8am-12pm…” The free community event will be held in the Mana Christian Ohana Hall near the Kahilu Theatre. For more information, please call Jim at (808) 747-4500 (mobile).
- The final round of free Amateur Radio Technician License prep classes begins on 01 November 2018 at the Keaau Community Center. The VE-administered test will be given on 06 December 2018. A test fee of $15.00 in exact cash will be collected at the time of the exam. For details, contact Doug Wilson (KH7DQ) at email@example.com.
- The Fifth Annual Hawaiian Grid Madness VHF/UHF Simplex Event is coming on Sunday, 16 September 2018, from 1300 to 1700 HST. The Aulani Hui Amateur Repeater Club sponsors the annual event “to test your equipment, coverage and operating skills using simplex FM on 2 meters and 70 cm…” For details, visit https://gridmadness.blogspot.com.
- For the latest Amateur/Ham Radio news and information, please check the blog sidebars and links. These news feeds are updated daily and weekly. Thanks for joining us today.
- Aloha es 73 de Russell Roberts (KH6JRM), Public Information Coordinator, Hawaii County, ARRL Pacific Section.
Retired News director of Pacific Radio Group Radio Stations on Hawaii-the Big Island. I have more than 40 years of broadcast experience, including positons at KTUH-FM (UH-Manoa), KPOI-FM (Honolulu). KHLO-AM (Hilo), KKBG-FM (KBIG-FM)(Hilo/Kona), KAPA-FM (Hilo-Kona). Native-FM (Hilo-Kona), and ESPN Hawaii (Hilo-Kona). Former University of Hawaii-Hilo librarian. Retired Air Force Officer. Amateur (Ham) Radio operator since 1977 (currently holds the Amateur Extra Class License from the FCC-KH6JRM).... Can read, write, and speak Russian. Retired on 30 September 2011, but still maintains a Hawaii Island News Blog.