Accessed on 13 July 2018, 0432 UTC, Post #619.
Please click link to read the full edition of “The ARRL Letter.”
Here are the main topics discussed in the 12 July 2018 edition of “The ARRL Letter”:
- FCC Administrative Law Judge Dismisses Radio Amateur’s Long-Standing License Renewal Application
- Radio Amateur to Pay $7,000, Face Restricted Privileges to Settle FCC Interference Case
- World Radiosport Team Championship 2018 Formally Opens in Germany
- The Doctor Will See You Now!
- ARRL Urges Regulatory Regime to Keep Non-Amateur Satellites off Amateur Spectrum
- Baker Island KH1/KH7Z DXpedition in the Record Books
- CASSIOPE Spacecraft Listens In on 2018 ARRL Field Day
- World JOTA-JOTI Registration Now Open
- In Brief
- Getting It Right!
- The K7RA Solar Update
- Just Ahead in Radiosport
- Upcoming ARRL Section, State, and Division Conventions
Hawaii Island Amateur/Ham Radio Notes:
- The final round of free Amateur Radio Technician License classes begins on 01 November 2018 at the Keaau Community Center. The VE-administered test will be given on 06 December 2018. A test fee of $15.00 in exact cash will be collected prior to each exam. For details, contact Doug Wilson (KH7DQ) at email@example.com.
- Jim Sugg (AH6AE) needs some amateur radio volunteers “to demo how ham radio works at (the) upcoming emergency preparedness fair…on Saturday, August 25, 2018 from 8am-12pm…” The event will be held at the Mana Christian Ohana Hall near the Kahilu Theatre in Waimea (Hawaii Island). For details, call Jim at (808) 747-4500 (mobile).
- The 2018 edition of the Hawaiian Islands Grid Madness is coming on Sunday, 16 September 2018, from 1300 to 1700 HST. The Aulani Hui Amateur Repeater Club sponsors the annual VHF/UHF Simplex Event “to test your equipment, coverage and operating skills using simplex FM on 2 meters and 70 cm…” For more information, please visit https://gridmadness.blogspot.com.
- For the latest Amateur/Ham Radio news and information, please check the blog sidebars and links. These news feeds are updated daily and weekly.
- Please send your Hawaii Amateur/Ham Radio news items to firstname.lastname@example.org for inclusion in this blog and for submission to our local print, broadcast, and social media outlets.
- Aloha es 73 de, Russell Roberts (KH6JRM), Public Information Coordinator, Hawaii County, ARRL Pacific Section.