Accessed on 27 June 2018, 1504 UTC, Post #604.
Please click link to read the full report.
Here are the main topics discussed in the current issue of the “ARRL Contest Update”. Views expressed in this edition are those of the reporters and correspondents.
- New HF Operators: Sporadic E and 10 meters, RAC Canada Day
- Contest Summary
- News: VHF+ ARRL Contests Clarification, IARU HQ Station Lists, Mast Clamps, FT8 RBN Spots, and more
- Word to the Wise: Birdies
- Sights and Sounds: 1990 WRTC Video, Snowy VHF Contest, and more
- Results: ARRL International DX Contest (CW)
- Operating Tip: Operate in the Days Before the Contest
- Technical Topics and Information: Radio Wave Propagation Course, Birdy reduction, DSP Radio Latency, and more
- Conversation: QSB
- Log Due Dates
- Hawaii Island Amateur/Ham Radio Notes:
- The Fifth Annual Hawaiian Islands Grid Madness is coming on Sunday, 16 September 2018, from 1300 to 1700 HST. The Aulani Hui Amateur Repeater Club sponsors the VHF/UHF Simplex Event, which “is designed for FUN, and to test your equipment, coverage and operating skills using simplex FM and 2 meters and 70 cm…” For details, visit https://gridmadness.blogspot.com.
- Jim Sugg (AH6AE) needs a “patient” radio amateur “to demo how ham radio works at (the) upcoming emergency preparedness fair in Waimea (Hawaii Island)…on Saturday, August 25, 2018, from 8am012pm.” The free community event will be held at the Mana Christian Ohana Hall near the Kahilu Theatre. For details, call Jim at (808) 747-4500 (mobile).
- For the latest Amateur/Ham Radio news and information, please check the blog sidebars and links. These news feeds are updated daily and weekly.
- Please send your Hawaii Island Amateur/Ham Radio news items to firstname.lastname@example.org for inclusion in this blog and for submission to our local print, broadcast, and social media outlets.
- Aloha es 73 de Russell Roberts (KH6JRM), Public Information Coordinator, Hawaii County, ARRL Pacific Section.