Accessed on 13 June 2018, 2142 UTC, Post #591.
Editor: Brian Mora (N9ADG).
Please click link or scroll down to make your selections.
Here are today’s Amateur/Ham Radio contest news headlines from the ARRL. Views expressed in this news summary are those of the reporters and correspondents.
- New HF Operators: WV QSO Party, All-Asia CW, ARRL Kids Day, TBDC, ARRL Field Day
- Contest Summary
- News: Diplexers/Triplexers for Easier Multioperator Station Setup, FT8 and Field Day, IARU Call History Files, Field Day Logging with Different Loggers, Contests Within a Contest, and more
- Word to the Wise: Temperature Coefficient
- Sights and Sounds: CTU 2018 Presentations, KB6NU’s New Podcast, SSB SDR in Ten Parts
- Results: ARRL June VHF Comments, New Results Article Authors, and more
- Operating Tip: Search and Pounce from the Bottom of the Band
- Technical Topics and Information: QCX Transceiver Paper from FDIM, uBitX on FT8, Organizing Ferrites with One Simple Technique
- Conversation: The Not-a-Contest Contest
- Log Due Dates
Hawaii Island Amateur/Ham Radio Notes:
- The Big Island Amateur Radio Club (BIARC) will participate in the 23-24 June 2018 ARRL Field Day at Hilo’s Reed’s Bay Hotel. The event is free and open to the public.
- Jim Sugg (AH6AE) news some ham radio operators “to demo how ham radio works at (the) upcoming emergency preparedness fair in Waimea (Hawaii Island).” The fair will be held at the Mana Christian Ohana Hall across from the Kahilu Theatre. If you can help, please call Jim at (808) 747-4500 (mobile).
- Darren (Stacy) Holbrook (KH6OWL) wants to do a human interest story about Hawaii Island radio amateurs who have had first-hand experience dealing with the Kilauea eruption and lava flow emergencies. If you’ve lost your home or business because of the lava flows or have been ordered to evacuate your home, please contact Darren at these addresses: https://www.facebook.com/hamradiohawaii or https://hamradiohawaii.wordpress.com. Scroll to the bottom of his website and fill out the comment form.
- For the latest Amateur/Ham Radio news and information, please check the blog sidebars and links. These news feeds are updated daily and weekly.
- Thanks for joining us today.
- Aloha es 73 de Russell Roberts (KH6JRM), Public Information Coordinator, Hawaii County, ARRL Pacific Section.