Accessed on 11 May 2018, 0634 UTC, Post #553.
Please click link to read the full issue.
Here are the top Amateur/Ham Radio news stories compiled by the ARRL in Newington, CT, 06111. Views expressed in this news summary are those of the reporters and correspondents.
- ARRL Executive Committee Hears Updates on Parity Act, FCC Petitions, Small Satellites
- ARRL Asks FCC to Protect Amateur Radio Millimeter-Wave Bands
- The Doctor Will See You Now!
- Support ARRL When Shopping for Mother’s Day
- ARRL Announces 2018 QST Antenna Design Competition
- Third Public Test of FT8 DXpediton Mode Deemed a Success
- Historic NSS Call Sign to be Reactivated for Naval Radio Station’s 100th Anniversary
- Iowa National Guard Exercise Pushes Communications Interoperability Boundary
- In Brief…
- The K7RA Solar Update
- Just Ahead in Radiosport
- Upcoming ARRL Section, State, and Division Conventions
Hawaii Island Amateur/Ham Radio activities:
Source: Big Island Amateur Radio Club May 2018 Newsletter.
Don’t forget to sign up for the BIARC QTH.NET Email Listserve. According to coordinator Les Hittner (K0BAD), “The main advantage of using such a listserve is that you do not have to individually maintain a list of club-member email addresses in order to enter into important conversations related to club operations.” Les adds that “The listserve provides a secure means of sending club email.” For more information, email Les at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The final round of Amateur Radio Technician License prep classes will begin on 01 November 2018 at the Keaau Community Center in Keaau. The VE-administered test will be given on 06 December 2018. A test fee of $15.00 in exact cash will be collected at the time of each exam. For details, contact Doug Wilson (KH7DQ) at email@example.com.
For the latest Amateur/Ham Radio news and information, please check the blog sidebars and links. These news feeds are updated daily and weekly.
Please send your Hawaii Island Amateur/Ham Radio news items to firstname.lastname@example.org at least two weekl prior to your event so I can notify our local print and broadcast media in a timely manner.
Thanks for joining us today.
Aloha es 73 de
Russell Roberts (KH6JRM)
Public Information Coordinator
Hawaii County, ARRL Pacific Section