Accessed on 10 April 2018, 0520 UTC, Post #520.
Please click link or scroll down to read the latest Amateur/Ham Radio news headlines.
Here are today’s top Amateur/Ham Radio news stories compiled by http://www.amateurradio.com. Views expressed in this news summary are those of the reporters and correspondents.
Today’s Amateur/Ham Radio news articles are from HQ ARRL, https://www.eham.net, and Reddit.
- Jeri Ellsworth, AI6TK, will be AMSAT/TAPR Banquet Speaker
- More Frequent Spotless Days Now, Can Signal Solar Activity in the Future, Top Contester Says
- New ISS Crew Member’s Ham Radio Contact to Highlight a Wider Educational Effort
- The May Edition of Digital QST is Now Available!
- The K7RA Solar Update
- ARRL Searching for its Next CEO
- CW Enthusiast Joins VP6D Ducie Island DXpedition Team
- Apparent First 2200-Meter Transatlantic Contact by US Radio Amateur Reported
- Frequency Measuring Test Set for April 6 UTC
- ARRL Public Relations Committee Gets New Leadership, Updated Mission and Goals
- Yakima Amateur Radio Hosts Hamfest:
- Kendall of Christmas Island DXpedition to Speak at Fond du Lac Radio Club:
- PVHS to be First Alabama High School to Contact ISS Through Ham Radio:
- Ham Radio Featured in ‘A Quiet Place’:
- International Amateur Radio Union Youth Camp to be Hosted in South Africa:
- Foundations of Amateur Radio #148:
- W4HM Daily HF Radio Wave Propagation Forecast:
- Propagation Forecast Bulletin #14 de K7RA:
- Wahkiakum HS Places 13th Nationally in Radio Contest:
- Working with digital and rf issues?
- Do You Have to Be a US Citizen for Ham License?
- What’s going on with 80m?
- How does this QSO start date even happen…lol
- Symbol Rate vs: Bandwidth
- Phone Patch like link between hand held radio and mobile phone?
- Portabling on a hill that overlooks the whole city. More info and photos in comments.
- What is this antenna on this truck? Pretty sure it’s a Circularly Polarized antenna. But I don’t know what it would be used for.
- WSJT-X on Android – Update
Hawaii Island Amateur/Ham Radio activities:
- Everyone is invited to the HPP Radio Day, Saturday, 28 April 2018, 0900 to 1600 HST, at the Hawaiian Paradise Park Community Center, 17th and Maku’u in the Puna District. According to coordinator Mike Stratton (KH6PAC), “We want to let everyone know that the event is open to all hams, especially the newest ham operators…Our plan is to have several different radios set up…There will be lots of activities and demonstrations. For details, contact Mike at email@example.com.
- You still have time to sign up for the Big Island Amateur Radio Club’s (BIARC) QTH.NET Email Listserve. For details, contact Les Hittner (K0BAD) at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please join the new EmComm list. For those interested in Hawaii County EmComm matters, please sign up at Hicoaresemail@example.com.
- The new series of Technician License prep classes continue on Hawaii Island. The current class is underway at the West Hawaii Civic Center in Kona, with VE testing for all levels of the Amateur Radio License set for Thursday, 26 April 2018. The next Technician License class will be held at the HOVE Community Center in Ocean View, beginning on 03 May 2018. The VE test will be held on Thursday, 07 June 2018. For details, please contact Doug Wilson (KH7DQ) at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For the latest Amateur/Ham Radio news and information, please check the blog sidebars and links. These news feeds are updated daily and weekly.
- Please send your Hawaii Island Amateur/Ham Radio news items to email@example.com at least two weeks prior to your event so I can notify our local print and broadcast media in a timely manner.
- Thanks for joining us today.
- Aloha es 73 de Russell Roberts (KH6JRM), Public Information Coordinator, Hawaii County, ARRL Pacific Section.
Retired News director of Pacific Radio Group Radio Stations on Hawaii-the Big Island. I have more than 40 years of broadcast experience, including positons at KTUH-FM (UH-Manoa), KPOI-FM (Honolulu). KHLO-AM (Hilo), KKBG-FM (KBIG-FM)(Hilo/Kona), KAPA-FM (Hilo-Kona). Native-FM (Hilo-Kona), and ESPN Hawaii (Hilo-Kona). Former University of Hawaii-Hilo librarian. Retired Air Force Officer. Amateur (Ham) Radio operator since 1977 (currently holds the Amateur Extra Class License from the FCC-KH6JRM).... Can read, write, and speak Russian. Retired on 30 September 2011, but still maintains a Hawaii Island News Blog.