Big Island ARRL News, 12 February 2018, 0038 UTC, Post #458.
Please click link or scroll down to read your selections.
Another authoritative source for Amateur/Ham Radio news is http://qrz.now.
Here are the top Amateur Radio News Stories for Sunday, 11 February 2018, from QRZ.now:
In an era of instant and constant communication, whether it be texting, Facebook messaging, Tweeting, Instagramming, emailing, Skyping, whatever, Joe Huie leaves the new technology behind for about an hour each week in favor of the old… Read more
Upcoming events for Hawaii Island Radio Amateurs:
Source: BIARC February 2018 Newsletter
HPP Radio Day:
Everyone is invited to attend the HPP Radio Day on Saturday, 28 April 2018, from 0900 to 1600 (HST) at the Hawaiian Paradise Park Community Center at 17th and Maku’u in the Puna District. Event coordinator Mike Stratton (KH6PAC) say “We want to let everyone know that the event is open to all hams, especially the newest operators…Out plan is to have several different radios set up…There will be lots of activities and demonstrations.” For details, contact Mike at email@example.com.
Sign up for the QTH.NET Email Listserve:
The Big Island Amateur Radio Club continues to build and streamline its new email listserve. Project coordinator Les Hittner (K0BAD)says “The main advantage of using such a listserve is that you do not have to individually maintain a list of club-member email addresses in order to enter into important conversations related to club operations.” In order to join the listserve, please send Les an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
New series of Technician License Prep Classes to be offered around Hawaii Island:
- The first round of Technician Class License classes will be held at Hilo’s Aupuni Conference Room, beginning on 15 February 2018, with the final exam set for 22 March 2018.
- The second round of Technician Class License classes will be held at Kona’s West Hawaii Civic Center, beginning on 22 March 2018, with the final exam set for 26 April 2018.’
- The third round of Technician License classes will be held in Ocean View at the HOVE Community Center, beginning on 03 May 2018, with the final exam set for 07 June 2018.’
- And the final round of Technician License classes will be held in Kea’au at the Kea’au Community Center, beginning on 01 November 2018, with the final exam set for 06 December 2018.
- A test fee of $15 in exact cash will be collected at the time of each final exam.
- For details, contact Doug Wilson (KH7DQ) at email@example.com.
- For the latest Amateur Radio news and information, please check the blog sidebars and links. These news feeds are updated daily and weekly. Views expressed in this blog are those of the reporters and correspondents unless otherwise stated.
- Thanks for joining us today.
- Aloha es 73 de Russell Roberts (KH6JRM), Public Information Coordinator, Hawaii County, ARRL Pacific Section.