Big Island ARRL News, 09 February 2018, 0445 UTC, Post #454.
Here are the topics covered in the current edition of the “ARRL Letter”:
- 3Y0Z Bouvet Island DXpedition Aborted over Safety Concerns
- ARRL Suggests FCC May Need to Intervene to Ensure Effective Antenna Rights
- The Doctor Will See You Now!
- Foxes and Hounds — FT8 DXpedition Mode is in the Works for WSJT-X
- ARRL Foundation Announces Joel R. Miller (W7PDX) and Martha C. Miller STEM Scholarship
- Z60A Fielding Three Stations to Handle Huge Pileups for New DXCC #1
- Dominica Post-Disaster Needs Assessment Cites Amateur Radio’s Role after Maria
- USA ARDF Championships Set for June 13-17 in California
- In Brief
- The K7RA Solar Update
- Just Ahead in Radiosport
- Upcoming ARRL Section, State, and Division Conventions
New Series of Technician License Prep Classes being offered on Hawaii Island.
BIARC Newsletter, February 2018 edition.
Here is the schedule for the upcoming Technician License Prep Classes:
Hilo (Aupuni Conference Room): Classes begin on 15 February 2018. Final exam set for 22 March 2018.
Kona (West Hawaii Civic Center): Classes begin on 22 March 2018. Final exam set for 26 April 2018.
Ocean View (HOVE Community Center): Classes begin on 03 May 2018. Final exam set for 07 June 2018.
Kea’au (Kea’au Community Center): Classes begin on 01 November 2018. Final exam on 13 December 2018.
Contact Doug Wilson (KH7DQ) at firstname.lastname@example.org. The test fee is $15 in exact change due at time of each exam.
For the latest Amateur Radio news and information, please check the blog sidebars and links. These news feeds are updated daily and weekly.
Please send your Hawaii Island Amateur Radio news items to email@example.com at least two weeks prior to your event so I can notify our local print and broadcast media in a timely manner.
Views expressed in this blog are those of the reporters and correspondents unless otherwise stated.
Thanks for joining us today.
Aloha es 73 de
Russell Roberts (KH6JRM)
Public Information Coordinator
Hawaii County, ARRL Pacific Section