Big Island ARRL News, 19 January 2018, 0445 UTC, Post #431.
Editor: Rick Lindquist (WW1 ME).
Please click link to read the current edition of “The ARRL Letter.”
Here are the main topics discussed in the current edition of “The ARRL Letter”:
- ARRL CEO Tom Gallagher, NY2RF, to Retire
- ARRL Board of Directors to Meet
- The Doctor Will See You Now!
- A Message to Members from ARRL President Rick Roderick, K5UR
- Club Group Will Operate W1AW for Winter Field Day
- Fox-1D Amateur Radio CubeSat Launches Successfully, Now Designated as AO-92
- Florida Ham Radio Club Aids Homeless During Cold Snap
- Department of Defense Interoperability Communication Exercise Deemed a Success
- Registration Now Open for HamSCI Workshop
- Past ARRL Great Lakes Division Director Jim Weaver, K8JE, SK
- In Brief…
- The K7RA Solar Update
- Just Ahead in Radiosport
- Upcoming ARRL Section, State, and Division Conventions
Upcoming Events for Hawaii Island Radio Amateurs:
You still have time to register for the upcoming East Hawaii CERT Basic Training Course. The CERT Training Course will be held on four consecutive Saturdays at Hilo’s Aupuni Conference Center: 20 January, 27 January, 03 February, and 10 February. Classes run from 0830 to 1630 HST. To register, go to Eventbrite: https/certhilo.eventbrite.com.
A new series of Technician License Prep Classes will be held on Hawaii Island at these places and times:
Hilo–Aupuni Conference Room, beginning on 15 February 2018, with the exam set for 22 March 2018.
Kona–West Hawaii Civic Center, beginning on 22 March 2018, with the exam set for 26 April 2018.
Ocean View–HOVE Community Center, beginning on 03 May 2018, with the exam set for 07 June 2018.
Kea’au–Kea’au Community Center, beginning on 01 November 2018, with the exam set for 13 December 2018.
Contact Dough Wilson (KH7DQ) at email@example.com. The test fee is $15 (in exact cash) due at time of each exam.
For the latest Amateur Radio news and information, please check the blog sidebars and links. These news feeds are updated daily and weekly.
Please send your Hawaii Island Amateur Radio news items to firstname.lastname@example.org at least two weeks prior to your event so I can notify our print and broadcast media in a timely manner.
Opinions expressed in this blog are mine unless otherwise stated.
Thanks for joining us today.
Aloha es 73 de
Russell Roberts (KH6JRM)
Public Information Coordinator
Hawaii County, ARRL Pacific Section