Big Island ARRL News, 13 January 2018, Post #425.
Editors: Caryn Eve Murray (KD2GUT) and Neil Rapp (WB9VPG).
Please click link to download script and podcast.
Here are the top stories covered in this week’s edition of the “Amateur Radio Newsline Report 2098”:
– SILENT KEY: DEATH OF A DXer
– ARRL FACING CHALLENGES OVER POLICIES, CODES, LOBBYING
– TWO FOR THE ROAD AT WRTC 2018
– “DIPLOMAS” FOR VOLUNTEERS AT WRTC 2018
– HAM RADIO UNIVERSITY CLASSES IN SESSION
– COOPERATION AND CONSOLIDATION IN CANADA
– WHY K3Y KEEPS THE CODE COMING
– HAMVENTION PICKS COMMUNITY SERVICE THEME
– FRIENDSHIP AND FOCUS IN THE PHILIPPINES
– ‘SERGIO AND SERGEI’ IS A HIT
– WORLD OF DX
– THE SKY’S NOT FALLING BUT…..
Big Island of Hawaii International Swap Meet/Hamfest
This Saturday, 13 January 2018, will be a big day for Hawaii radio amateurs. The Big Island of Hawaii International Swap Meet/Hamfest gets underway at 0930 HST at the Waimea Community Center in Kamuela. The event is sponsored by the Kohala Hamakua Radio Club and will feature a ham radio equipment/electronics swap meet, a panel of distinguished guest speakers, and a VE test session for amateur radio licenses. Vendor admission is $10, while general admission is only $5. The swap meet will run from 0930 HST to 1200 HST. Guest speakers will present their topics at 1200 HST. VE testing for amateur radio licenses begins at 1300 HST. For details, contact Steve Milner (WH6N)–firstname.lastname@example.org.
For the latest Amateur Radio news and information, please check the blog sidebars and links. These news feeds are updated daily and weekly. Views expressed in these updates are those of the reporters and correspondents unless otherwise stated.
Please send your Hawaii Island Amateur Radio news items to email@example.com at least two weeks prior to your event so I can notify our local print and broadcast media in a timely manner. Thanks for joining us today.
Aloha es 73 de
Russell Roberts (KH6JRM)
Public Information Coordinator
Hawaii County, ARRL Pacific Section