Big Island ARRL News, 12 January 2018, 0655 UTC, Post #434.
Editor: Rick Lindquist (WW1ME).
Please click link to read the full story.
Here are the main topics covered in the current edition of “The ARRL Letter”:
- “Quantum Radio” May Offer New Twist on Communicating in Problematic Environments
- Fox-1D Satellite Set to Launch this Week, China to Launch Five New CubeSats
- Thomas Fire Response Also Demonstrates Amateur Radio’s Social Media Value
- Radio Amateurs Track Major East Coast Winter Storm
- The Doctor Will See You Now!
- The 2018 ARRL Repeater Directory — Complete, Comprehensive, and Now Available
- DXpedition Leader, Contester, Mentor David Collingham, K3LP, SK
- In Brief…
- The K7RA Solar Update
- Getting It Right
- Just Ahead in Radiosport
- Upcoming ARRL Section, State, and Division Conventions
Just a reminder for all Hawaii Island radio amateurs:
The Big Island International Swap Meet/Hamfest will be held at the Waimea Community Center in Kamuela on Saturday, 13 January 2018. The event is sponsored by the Kohala Hamakua Radio Club and will feature a ham radio equipment/electronics swap meet, guest speakers, and VE testing for amateur radio licenses. Doors open to the general public at 0930 HST, with VE testing set for 1300 HST. Vendor admission is $10, while general admission is $5. For details, contact Steve Milner (WH6N)–firstname.lastname@example.org.
For the latest Amateur Radio news and information, please check the blog sidebars and links. These news feeds are updated daily and weekly. Opinions expressed in this blog are mine unless otherwise stated. Thanks for joining us today.
Please send your Hawaii Island Amateur Radio news items to email@example.com at least two weeks prior to your event so I can notify our local print and broadcast media in a timely manner.
Aloha es 73 de
Russell Roberts (KH6JRM)
Public Information Coordinator
Hawaii County, ARRL Pacific Section