Big Island ARRL News, 10 January 2018, 1715 UTC, Post #422.
Editor: Brian Moran (N9ADG).
Please click link to read the full story.
Here are the main topics discussed in the current edition of the “ARRL Contest Update”:
- New HF Operators: Try Something New
- Contest Summary
- News: VHF Rover Experiences, Hi-Z’s New Product, Dayton Events, and more!
- Word to the Wise: Prefill
- Sights and Sounds: EZNEC author Roy Lewallen Interview and more
- Results: 10 GHz and Up, EME, Stew Perry TBDC
- Operating Tip: Avoid Exchange Ambiguity
- Technical Topics and Information: UDP Latency, Ball Lightning, Signal Processing, and more
- Conversation: Evolving LCRs
- Log Due Dates
For the latest Amateur Radio news and information, please check the blog sidebars and links. These news feeds are updated daily and weekly.
Don’t forget the Big Island of Hawaii International Swap Meet/Hamfest on Saturday, 13 January 2018, at the Waimea Center in Kamuela. The event is sponsored by the Kohala Hamakua Radio Club and will feature a ham radio equipment/electronics swap meet, guest speakers, and a VE testing session for amateur radio licenses. For details, contact Steve Milner (WH6N) at email@example.com.
Please send your Hawaii Island Amateur Radio news items to firstname.lastname@example.org at least two weeks prior to your event so I can notify our local print and broadcast media in a timely manner.
Views expressed in this blog are mine unless otherwise stated.
Thanks for joining us today.
Aloha es 73 de Russ (KH6JRM)
Public Information Coordinator
Hawaii County, ARRL Pacific Section