Big Island ARRL News, 05 January 2018, 0245 UTC, Post #416.
Editor: Rick Lindquist (WW1ME).
Please click link to read the full issue.
Here are the main topics discussed in the current issue of “The ARRL Letter”:
- Thousands Getting Their Grids On!
- ARRL Life Member Receives Patent for “Cloaking” Technology
- The Doctor Will See You Now!
- Large Donations Making Bouvet 3Y0Z DXpedition a Reality; Team Eager to Get Under Way
- “Creepy and Surreal” Urban Explorers’ Video Reveals Largely Unseen Side of Hara Arena
- Second Annual AM Rally Special Event Set for February 2-4 Weekend
- Philippine Radio Amateurs Activate for Weather Emergencies
- Alabama Governor Kay Ivey Makes Ham Radio Debut with State’s Bicentennial Call Sign
- In Brief…
- Just Ahead in Radiosport
- Upcoming ARRL Section, State, and Division Conventions
Upcoming events for Hawaii Island radio amateurs:
Don’t forget the Big Island of Hawaii International Swap Meet/Hamfest on Saturday, 13 January 2018, at the Waimea Community Center in Kamuela. The event is sponsored by the Kohala Hamakua Radio Club and will feature a ham radio equipment/electronics swap meet, guest speakers, and a VE testing session for amateur radio licenses. Doors open to the public at 0930 HST, with the VE session starting at 1300 HST. Admission is $10 for vendors and $5 for the general public. For details, contact Steve Milner (WH6N)–email@example.com.
For the latest Amateur Radio news and information, please check the blog sidebars and links. These news feeds are updated daily and weekly.
Please send your Hawaii Island Amateur Radio news items to firstname.lastname@example.org at least two weeks prior to your event so I can notify our local print and broadcast media in a timely manner.
Opinions expressed in this blog are mine unless otherwise stated.
Thanks for joining us today.
Aloha es 73 de
Russell Roberts (KH6JRM)
Public Information Coordinator
Hawaii County, ARRL Pacific Section