Big Island ARRL News, 22 December 2017, 0640 UTC, Post #405.
Editors: Caryn Eve Murray (KD2GUT) and Jim Damron (N8TMW).
Please click link to read the full report or to download the podcast.
Here are the top Amateur Radio stories for the week, as compiled by Caryn Eve Murray (KD2GUT) and her volunteer reporters from around the world.
– PRISON FOR ILLINOIS HAM’S KILLER
– HAMVENTION’S NEW HOME GETTING AN OVERHAUL
– SOMETHING TO CELEBRATE IN HONG KONG
– SILENT KEY: MARGARET ‘HOLLY’ BEVAN N3MB
– SILENT KEY: ROLAND PEDDLE VE6RL
– CLARIFYING NEWSLINE’S NEW BRUNSWICK STORY
– DISTRACTED-DRIVING LAW EXEMPTION EXTENDED IN ONTARIO
– NEW SCHOLARSHIP FOR YOUNG WISCONSIN HAMS
– TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO COURT CRACKS DOWN ON UNLICENSED OPERATION
– FCC PROPOSES FINE AGAINST MANUFACTURER
– WORLD OF DX
– FLORIDA ‘SANTA-HAM’ SHOWS HOSPITAL BEDSIDE MANNER
Upcoming events for Hawaii Island radio amateurs:
The Big Island of Hawaii International Swap Meet/Hamfest is coming to the Waimea Community Center on Saturday, 13 January 2018. The event is sponsored by the Kohala Hamakua Radio Club and will feature a ham equipment swap meet, guest speakers, and a VE test session for those seeking an amateur radio license. Doors open to the public at 0930 Hawaii Standard Time. For details, contact Steve Milner (WH6N) at email@example.com.
Please send your Hawaii Amateur Radio news items to firstname.lastname@example.org at least two week prior to your event so I can notify our local print and broadcast media in a timely manner.
Views expressed in this blog are those of the reporters and correspondents unless otherwise stated.
Thanks for joining us today.
Aloha es 73 de
Russell Roberts (KH6JRM)
Public Information Coordinator
Hawaii County, ARRL Pacific Section