Big Island ARRL News, 16 December 2017, 0410 UTC, Post #399.
Editors: Caryn Eve Murray (KD2GUT) and Don Wilbanks (AE5DW).
Please click link to get audio script and to download the podcast.
Here are the topics covered in the current edition of the “Amateur Radio Newsline Report”:
– CALIFORNIA WILDFIRES SPUR HAM RESPONSE
– AMATEURS NOT SNOWED BY WINTER WEATHER IN U.S. SOUTH
– VISITING AS A MOBILE IN NEW BRUNSWICK? NOT SO FAST
– GRANTING ONE HAM’S FINAL WISH
– SPOTTING THE SUNSPOTS OF LONG AGO
– HAMS HOPING FOR A HANUKKAH MIRACLE
– RADIO SCOUTS FILE FINAL JOTA REPORT
– GERMANY OPTS OUT OF NEW ENTRY LEVEL LICENSE
– EVEN SANTA NEEDS A BREAK
– WORLD OF DX
– ‘TWAS THE END OF THIS WEEK’S NEWSCAST
Upcoming events for Hawaii Island radio amateurs:
The 2017 Big Island of Hawaii International Swap Meet/Hamfest is coming to the Waimea Community Center in Kamuela on Saturday, 13 January 2018. The event is sponsored by the Kohala Hamakua Radio Club and will feature an electronics/ham radio equipment swap meet, guest speakers, and a VE testing for amateur radio licenses. Doors open to the public at 0930 Hawaii Standard Time. Talk-in on 147.32 MHz. For details, contact Steve Milner (WH6N) at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For the latest Amateur Radio News and Information, please check the blog sidebars and links. These news feeds are updated daily and weekly.
Opinions expressed in this blog are mine unless otherwise stated.
Please send your Hawaii Island Amateur Radio news items to email@example.com at least two weeks prior to your event so I can notify our local prints and broadcast media in a timely manner.
Thanks for joining us today.
Aloha es 73 de
Russell Roberts (KH6JRM)
Public Information Coordinator
Hawaii County, ARRL Pacific Section