Big Island ARRL News, 15 December 2017, 0245 UTC, Post #398.
Editor: Rick Lindquist (WW1ME).
Please click link to read the full report.
Here are the main topics discussed in the 14 December 2017 issue of “The ARRL Newsletter”:
- Amateur Radio Volunteers Support Evacuation Shelters in Fire that Refuses to Die
- January 2018 QST Debuts Fresh, New Design
- Logbook of The World to Add Support for CQ WAZ Award
- The Doctor Will See You Now!
- Radio Anniversaries Abound in December
- On-the-Air Competitions Just Ahead Embrace New and Classic
- Slovenian Radio Amateurs Support Dispatch Communication Following Storm Damage
- South African Radio League to Host 2018 YOTA Camp
- In Brief…
- The K7RA Solar Update
- Just Ahead in Radiosport
- Upcoming ARRL Section, State, and Division Conventions
Don’t forget the Big Island of Hawaii International Swap Meet/Hamfest on Saturday, 13 January 2017, at the Waimea Community Center in Kamuela. The event is hosted by the Kohala Hamakua Radio Club and will feature an electronics/ham gear swap meet, guest speakers, and VE testing for amateur radio licenses. Doors open at 0930 Hawaii Standard Time. VE testing begins at 1300 Hawaii Standard Time. For details, contact Steve Milner (WH6N) at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For the latest Amateur Radio news and information, please check the blog sidebars and links. These news feeds are updated daily and weekly.
Please send your Hawaii Island Amateur Radio news items to email@example.com at least two weeks prior to your event so I can notify our local print and broadcast media in a timely manner.
Opinions expressed in this blog are mine unless otherwise stated.
Thanks for joining us today.
Aloha es 73 de
Russell Roberts (KH6JRM)
Public Information Coordinator
Hawaii County, ARRL Pacific Section