Big Island ARRL News, 13 December 2017, 1440 UTC, Post #397.
Editor: Brian Moran (N9ADG).
Please click link to read the full report.
Here are the main topics discussed in the current issue of the “ARRL Contest Update”:
- New HF Operators: ARRL Rookie Roundup, Holiday Potpourri, ARRL RTTY
- Bulletins: No Contest Update until January!
- Contest Summary
- News: Log Deadline Reminder, Heavy Metal, 2018 YOTA, QCX Transceiver, and more
- Word to the Wise: Snubber
- Sights and Sounds: VE9UNB in Phone Sweepstakes, IC-7610, N6MJ SO2R, and more
- Results: CQWW Raw Scores, Now with Overlays
- Operating Tip: Transceiver Filtering versus RTTY Demodulator Filtering
- Technical Topics and Information: See Inside Wall Voids, Memristor Arrays for DSP, GnuRadioCon, and more
- Conversation: Etiquette and Protocol
- Log Due Dates
Please attend the Big Island of Hawaii International Swap Meet/Hamfest on Saturday, 13 January 2018, at the Waimea Community Center in Kamuela. The event is sponsored by the Kohala Hamakua Radio Club. Doors open at 0930 HST, with activities including an electronics/ham equipment swap meet, guest speakers, and a VE-monitored exam for the amateur radio license at 1300 HST. For details, contact Steve Milner (WH6N) at email@example.com.
Please send your Hawaii Island Amateur Radio news items to firstname.lastname@example.org at least two weeks prior to your event so I can notify our local print and broadcast media in a timely manner.
Opinions expressed in this blog are mine unless otherwise stated.
For the latest Amateur Radio news and information, please check the blog sidebars and links. These news feeds are updated daily and weekly.
Aloha es 73 de
Russell Roberts (KH6JRM)
Public Information Coordinator
Hawaii County, ARRL Pacific Section