Big Island ARRL News, 10 December 2017, 1545 UTC, Post #201.
Please click link to download the latest edition of SolderSmoke.
Another one of my favorite online amateur radio programs is “SolderSmoke” from the UK. Each program is full of helpful hints to make your station more efficient and safer.
Here are the main topics discussed in the current edition (episode 201):
In this edition:
“• Forest fires, snow storms, and an earthquake.
• Santa arrives from Hyderabad — uBITX in the house.
• Radio history. First transtalantic amateur contacts.
• Bill’s International Brotherhood Ceramic Discrete Direct Conversion Receiver Project
• Understanding the F5LVG mixer
• Pete goes to the dark side with an SDR receiver.
• Pete’s 800 Watt Amplifier gives him trouble. TRGHS.
• People in the News
– Cliff Stoll — Still Passionate about Electronics
– Peter Parker — VHF/UHF By the Bay
– Yardley Beers — Early SSB with “The Black Rose”
– John Kraus — Moonbounce without the Moon.
Just a reminder for all Hawaii Island radio amateurs:
The Big Island of Hawaii International Swap Meet/Hamfest is coming to the Waimea Community Center in Kamuela on Saturday, 13 January 2018. The event is sponsored by the Kohala Hamakua Radio Club and will feature a swap meet with electronics and ham equipment, guest speakers, and a VE testing session after the main program. Doors open at 0930 HST. The VE session begins at 1300 HST. For details, contact Steve Milner (WH6N) at email@example.com.
For the latest Amateur Radio news and information, please check the blog sidebars and links. These news feeds are updated daily and weekly.
Please send your Hawaii Island Amateur Radio news items to firstname.lastname@example.org at least two weeks prior to your event so I can notify our local print and broadcast media in a timely manner.
Opinions expressed in this blog are mine unless otherwise noted.
Thanks for joining us today.
Aloha es 73 de
Russell Roberts (KH6JRM)
Public Information Coordinator
Hawaii County, ARRL Pacific Section