Big Island ARRL News, 09 December 2017, 0620 UTC, Post #393.
Editors: Caryn Eve Murray (KD2GUT) and Christian Cadnik (K0STH).
Please click link to download the script and podcast.
The Amateur Radio Newsline podcast is one of my favorite online sources for topical news regarding amateur radio. The program is professionally produced and well-organized by editor-in-chief Caryn Eve Murray (KD2GUT) and her staff of worldwide volunteers.
Here are the topics discussed in Report 2093:
– HOMEWARD BOUND AND STILL ON THE AIR
– IN INDIA, HAM RADIO TEAMS UP WITH LOCAL POLICE
– AMATEUR RADIO HELPS WITH BOAT RESCUE AFTER CYCLONE
– SILENT KEY: FRANCE’S JEAN TOUZOT F8IL
– RADIO CAROLINE COMES ASHORE WITH A LICENSE
– AN ON-AIR PARTY ROCKS WITH NEW MODE FT8
– NORWEGIAN CLUB CELEBRATES TELEFUNKEN TRANSMITTER
– HONORING INDIANA HAMS FOR LONGEVITY
– W1AW TO RETURN TO 6 METERS
– CANADA REVIEWS HAND-HELD RULE FOR DRIVERS
– WORLD OF DX
– CLOSE ENCOUNTERS OF THE ‘MIR’ KIND
For the latest Amateur Radio News and Information, please check the blog sidebars and links. These news feeds are updated daily and weekly.
Don’t forget the Big Island of Hawaii International Swap Meet/Hamfest on Saturday, 13 January 2018, from 0930 to 1300 Hawaii Standard Time at the Waimea Community Center in Kamuela. For details, contact Steve Milner (WH6N)–firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please send your Hawaii Island Amateur Radio news items to email@example.com at least two weeks prior to your event so I can notify our local print and broadcast media in a timely manner. I’ve already contacted radio stations on Hawaii Island about this event. I’m also using social media to spread the word on my facebook, google +, and linkedIn accounts. Please spread the word if you can.
Opinions expressed in this blog are mine unless otherwise stated. Thanks for joining us today.
Aloha es 73 de
Russell Roberts (KH6JRM)
Public Information Coordinator
Hawaii County, ARRL Pacific Section