Big Island ARRL News, 08 December 2017, 0225 UTC, Post #392.
Editor: Rick Lindquist (WW1ME).
Please click link to read the complete newsletter.
Here are the main topics discussed in the current issue of “The ARRL Letter”:
- FCC Seeks Comments on Technological Advisory Council Recommendations
- W1AW to Start Scheduled Transmissions on 6 Meters Beginning on January 2
- Michigan Section Manager Appointment Begins on January 1
- The Doctor Will See You Now!
- World Wide Radio Operators Foundation Announces KP4 Generator Project
- Arizona Repeater Association Joins Maxim Society
- IARU Region 1 and EURAO Presidents Meet
- Countries Authorize New, Expanded Amateur Radio Allocations
- IARU Participation in ITU-Radiocommunication Consultations “Mutually Beneficial”
- Reputed World’s Oldest Ham Jean Touzot, F8IL, SK
- In Brief…
- The K7RA Solar Update
- Just Ahead in Radiosport
- Upcoming ARRL Section, State, and Division Conventions
Just a reminder for all Hawaii Island radio amateurs:
The Big Island Of Hawaii International Swap Meet/Hamfest will be held on Saturday, 13 January 2017, from 0930 to 1300 Hawaii Standard Time at the Waimea Community Center (65-1260 Kawaihae Road, Kamuela, Hawaii). Events include the swap meet of electronic/ham equipment, guest speakers, and a VE session, beginning at 1300 HST. For more information, contact Steve Milner (WH6N)–firstname.lastname@example.org.
For the latest Amateur Radio News and Information, please check the blog sidebars and links. These news feeds are updated daily and weekly.
Please send your Hawaii Island Amateur Radio news items to email@example.com at least two weeks prior to your event so I can notify our local print and broadcast media in a timely manner.
Opinions expressed in this blog are mine unless otherwise noted.
Thanks for joining us today.
Aloha es 73 de
Russell Roberts (KH6JRM)
Public Information Coordinator
Hawaii County, ARRL Pacific Section