Big Island ARRL News, 01 December 2017, 0150 UTC, Post #386.
Accessed on 01 December 2017, 0150 UTC.
Editor: Rick Lindquist (WW1ME).
Please click link to read the full story.
Here are the main topics discussed in the current issue of “The ARRL Letter”:
- Ballots Counted in 2017 ARRL Director, Vice Director Elections
- Status Report: The Amateur Radio Parity Act of 2017
- FCC Dismisses Radio Amateur’s Petition to Revise Call Sign Rules
- ARRL Board of Directors Publicly Censures Southwestern Division Director
- The Doctor Will See You Now!
- Major New Edition of The ARRL Handbook is Now Available!
- Sign Up for ARRL’s 12 Days of Deals!
- AO-91 Commissioned, Declared Open for Amateur Use!
- Amateur Radio-Carrying D-Star One CubeSat among Spacecraft Apparently Lost
- IARU Cites Progress Toward 50 MHz Region 1 Allocation
- JOTA “Alive and Doing Well,” Although 2017 Participation Down from Last Year
- Year-Long NASA On The Air Event Kicks off on December 11
- Ulrich Rohde, N1UL, Receives Wireless Innovation Forum Leadership Award
- In Brief…
- The K7RA Solar Update
- Getting It Right
- Just Ahead in Radiosport
- Upcoming ARRL Section, State, and Division Conventions
Just a reminder for all Hawaii Island radio amateurs:
SKYWARN Recognition Day is Friday, 01 December 2017, from 2 p.m. to 10 p.m., Hawaii Standard Time. All licensed amateur radio operators are encouraged to participate. You can find SKYWARN participants at 7.080 MHz (USB), VHF on the DEM RACES and EARC Repeaters, and on Winlink RMS Express (firstname.lastname@example.org).
For the latest Amateur Radio news and information, please check the blog sidebars and links. These news feeds are updated daily and weekly.
Please send your Hawaii Island Amateur Radio news items to email@example.com at least two weeks prior to your event so I can notify our local print and broadcast media in a timely manner.
Opinions expressed in this blog are mine unless otherwise stated.
Thanks for joining us today.
Aloha es 73 de
Russell Roberts (KH6JRM)
Public Information Coordinator
Hawaii County, ARRL Pacific Section