Big Island ARRL News, 17 November 2017, 0050 UTC, Post #374.
Accessed on 17 November 2017, 0050 UTC.
Editor: Rick Lindquist (WW1ME).
Please click link and scroll down to read the articles.
Here are the top amateur radio stories discussed in the current issue of “The ARRL Letter”:
- US Court of Appeals Upholds Dismissal of Lawsuit in Ames v. ARRL Case
- International Grid Chase Will Allow Use of 630 and 2200 Meters
- Section Managers to Begin New Terms of Office on January 1
- The Doctor Will See You Now!
- After Black Friday and Cyber Monday, Give Back on #GivingTuesday, November 28
- Contest Reminders: Round 2 of Sweepstakes Plus the ARRL 160 Meter Contest Just Ahead
- RadFxSat (Fox-1B) Launch Reset for November 18; More Foxes on the Way
- SKYWARN Recognition Day is Saturday, December 2
- Microwavers Report Successful US-Canada Contacts on 78 GHz
- Regulation Abroad: “Yellow Cards” in The Netherlands; Dropping the “N” in Iceland
- Radio Caroline Heard Testing on 648 kHz as it Prepares its (Legal) Return to the Airwaves
- In Brief…
- Getting It Right
- The K7RA Solar Update
- Just Ahead in Radiosport
- Upcoming ARRL Section, State, and Division Conventions
ARRL Headquarters Closed on Thursday, November 23, and Friday, November 24, for Thanksgiving Holiday
ARRL Headquarters will be closed for the Thanksgiving holiday on Thursday, November 23, and Friday, November 24. W1AW bulletin and code practice transmissions and editions of The ARRL Letter or ARRL Audio News will not be available on those days. Headquarters will reopen at 8 AM EST on Monday, November 27. We wish everyone a safe and enjoyable Thanksgiving holiday.
For the latest Amateur Radio news and information, please check the blog sidebars and links. These news feeds are updated daily and weekly.
Please send your Hawaii Island Amateur Radio news items to kh6jrm@arrl two weeks prior to your event so I can notify our local print and broadcast media in a timely manner.
Opinions expressed in this blog are mine unless otherwise stated.
Thanks for joining us today.
Aloha es 73 de
Russell Roberts (KH6JRM)
Public Information Coordinator
Hawaii County, ARRL Pacific Section