Big Island ARRL News, 21 October 2017, 0755 UTC, Post #348.
Editor: Rick Moran (N0ADG).
Accessed on 21 October 2017, 0755 UTC.
Please click link to read the full issue.
Here are the major topics covered in the current issue of the “ARRL Contest Update”:
- “New HF Operators: Ergonomics and Automation
- Contest Summary
- News: Recovery Frequencies, LF Operating Authorizations, and more
- Word to the Wise: Isotropic Radiator
- Sights and Sounds: WWROF Webinars, Aurora, 630 Meter Station, Contesting in VU
- Results: Stew Perry TBDC
- Operating Tip: Cable Maintenance
- Technical Topics and Information: Audio Equipment on LF, Famous ICs, 80 Meter Dipole in Space, and more
- Conversation: Earthly Concerns
- Log Due Dates”
Don’t forget to join your fellow radio amateurs for the 2017 Simulated Emergency Exercise (SET) scheduled for Saturday, 21 October 2017, from 0800 to 1300 HST. The scenario for SET 2017 will be the Great Aleutian Tsunami, which will have a disastrous impact on all Hawaii Islands. Teams of amateur radio operators will be deployed to various locations throughout Hawaii Island, and will work closely with the Hawaii County Civil Defense Agency and The American Red Cross. The goal of SET is “to exercise…emergency communications” and “to provide reliable communications when normal means of communications fail or become overloaded.” All amateur radio operators are invited to participate in this annual emergency communications exercise.
For the latest Amateur Radio news and information please check the blog sidebars and links. These news feeds are updated daily and weekly.
Please send your Hawaii Island Amateur Radio news to email@example.com at least two weeks prior to your event, so I can notify our local prints and broadcast media in a timely manner.
Opinions expressed in this blog are mine unless otherwise stated.
Thanks for joining us today.
Aloha es 73 de
Russell Roberts (KH6JRM)
Public Information Coordinator
Hawaii County, ARRL Pacific Section